JVS has helped more than 75,000 clients develop in-demand skills, make connections and get good jobs.
- Since 1992: Over 4,000 JVS clients trained for jobs in healthcare, including more than 150 through East Bay programs
- Since 1993: More than 6,000 JVS youth have received paid work experience
In the last year alone (2015 – 2016):
- 7 out of 10 career pathways graduates found work
- $28 average hourly wage for adults
- 99% client satisfaction rate for JVS workshops
- 3,000 Bay Area residents turned to JVS for help with their job search, including 800 youth
In 2016, JVS was recognized as a California Nonprofit of the Year, an honor awarded to only one nonprofit within California’s 11th State Senate District. Read the press release.
JVS Success Stories
JVS is building a stronger Bay Area through 40+ years of closing the gap between people who the right training and connections to find work and employers who need to find and retain qualified employees.
Watch how John, age 61, turned to JVS and found work after losing his job as a security guard just five years shy of his retirement.
JVS works with Bay Area businesses to help youth gain crucial work experience. For Donovan and many of our youth, success at work also fuels success at school.
John Muir Health
See how JVS partnered with John Muir Health to develop training programs designed to meet the needs of the growing healthcare industry.
Questions? Contact us!
If you have questions about JVS or any of our services, please feel free to contact us by email or call (415) 391-3600.