| If you can't make it to one of the
hundreds of JVS workshops, JVS e-Learning and podcasts
are a great way to get a quick dose of expert advice from our
employment specialists. Currently we have 1 online workshop, lasting 45-90 minutes. Each of the 6-12 minute podcasts below
focuses on a specific skill that will help you in your job search.
- Identifying Transferable Skills (Online Workshop) - Are you interested in changing industries or fields? Having difficulty identifying and articulating your transferable skills? You can learn valuable strategies for identifying and communicating transferable skills and matching them to a new job description in this new online JVS course.
To take this course, you may want to print out the accompanying workbook, and you’ll need a computer with an up-to-date web browser, Internet connection, headset or speakers, and about 45-90 minutes.
View and Print the Transferable Skills Workbook
Begin Online Workshop
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Virtual Career Network for Healthcare - Learn how this new, online tool can help you find a job in healthcare. On the VCN, you can explore careers, take online courses, research training programs, and find a job in this growing field. For additional help finding a job in healthcare, contact JVS.
View Video Podcast
- Job Seeker's Guide - Learn how to use JVS' new online tool, the Job Seekers Guide. Customized for the San Francisco Bay Area, this guide can help you at any point in your career transition from career assessments to goal setting and finding a job.
View Video Podcast
- Your 30-second pitch -
Learn how to make a good first impression on anyone who might be
able to help you reach your job goal. (Download
- Networking -
Learn how to leverage your own connections to find the jobs that are
never advertised. (Download
- Interviewing -
Learn valuable tips on the the most effective way to present
yourself in an interview situation (Download
- Job Goal
Setting - Learn how to research and prepare for the job search
to ensure that you stay focused on your long-term goals (Download
- Resumes - Learn the components of a resume,
how to create compelling accomplishment statements, and how to
optimize your resumes so that employers are more likely to read it.
(Part 1)(Part 2)(Download
- LinkedIn - Learn how to get started
job searching on LinkedIn, how to use your existing network of
friends and colleagues to find a job, and how to leverage LinkedIn's
relationship with Simply Hired to generate even more job leads.
(Part 1)(Part 2)