Would you like to build a career with competitive wages, great benefits and opportunity for advancement? JVS’s BankWork$ is a free program and we are seeking motivated job seekers with diverse backgrounds in customer service, retail, sales and more.
In partnership with top Bay Area banks, the 6-week training will prepare you for entry-level positions in sales and service such as Teller, Customer Service Representative and Personal Banker.
You’ll start by learning the basics of the financial services industry, including what it takes to be a successful bank employee. At the end of the training, you’ll connect directly with recruiters and hiring managers, and we’ll guide you through the interview and hiring process. JVS is invested in every BankWork$ graduate’s success and we provide individualized coaching and placement assistance for up to a year after graduation.
- exceptional sales and customer service skills through role-playing, and by leveraging your skills and background
- how to effectively market yourself to banks with a targeted pitch, resume and interview
- effective networking skills, honed through regular exposure to our banking partners
- knowledge of the Bay Area banking culture, expectations and career paths
- unique insight into the hiring process
- This program is designed for participants over 18 years old with a High School diploma or GED.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States.
- A minimum of six months customer service experience is required, with additional experience in cash handling or sales.
- You must be literate in English, and we highly welcome bilingual and diverse candidates who reflect our Bay Area communities.
- A standard background check will be conducted.
What job seekers are saying:
“The program is amazing! I learned a ton and the instructors were knowledgeable and friendly. They treated us like family and I could tell they really wanted us to succeed. I finished the program confident that I will have a great banking career. It’s a game changer.” -BankWork$ Alum
We’re not currently accepting applications for this program. Join our email list to learn about future program dates and other JVS events.
Dates: December 17, 2018 – January 31, 2019 (Applications are closed)
Location: Fremont Adult and Continuing Education, 4700 Calaveras Ave.
Schedule: Mon – Thu. 9:00am – 3:30pm
Course Duration: 6 weeks
Proud member of:
A Few of Our Instructors
Michelle comes to us with 13+ years of experience in the financial industry, where she advanced from sales representative to region sales manager of 24 bank branches throughout the Bay Area. She is a college professor, teaching various MBA courses and a professional coach who has created and led high preforming teams in industries such as technology and communications. Leadership is her passion, and coaching people to achieve excellence is her forte.
After a successful career in sales and as a corporate sales trainer, Holley found her calling in nonprofits and brought her passion for helping others and exceptional presentation skills to JVS. She specializes in helping people learn how to present themselves to employers.
After working in the Financial Services sector for 15 years, Al joined Rubicon, where he facilitated workshops on financial literacy, wellness and employment. At JVS, he is proud to move BankWork$ students to employment and independence as a passionate visionary and professional coach. He is a contributor to Savvy Consumer Guide, an award-winning financial literacy publication.