Would you like to build a career with competitive wages, great benefits and opportunity for advancement? JVS’s BankWork$ is a free program and we are seeking motivated job seekers with diverse backgrounds in customer service, retail sales and more.
In partnership with top Bay Area banks, the 8-week training will prepare you for entry-level positions in sales and service such as Teller, Customer Service Representative and Personal Banker.
You’ll start by learning the basics of the financial services industry, including what it takes to be a successful bank employee. At the end of the training, you’ll connect directly with recruiters and hiring managers, and we’ll guide you through the interview and hiring process. JVS is invested in every BankWork$ graduate’s success and we provide individualized coaching and placement assistance for up to a year after graduation.
- exceptional sales and customer service skills through role-playing, and by leveraging your skills and background
- how to effectively market yourself to banks with a targeted pitch, resume and interview
- effective networking skills, honed through regular exposure to our banking partners
- knowledge of the Bay Area banking culture, expectations and career paths
- unique insight into the hiring process
- This program is designed for participants over 18 years old with a High School diploma or GED.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States.
- A minimum of six months customer service experience is required, with additional experience in cash handling or sales.
- You must be literate in English, and we highly welcome bilingual and diverse candidates who reflect our Bay Area communities.
- A standard background check will be conducted.
What job seekers are saying:
“The program is amazing! I learned a ton and the instructors were knowledgeable and friendly. They treated us like family and I could tell they really wanted us to succeed. I finished the program confident that I will have a great banking career. It’s a game changer.” -BankWork$ Alum
Program Dates: January 17 – March 14, 2018
Dates: January 17 – March 14, 2018
Schedule: Mon/Wed/Fri (9:00am – 4:00pm)
Location: Oakland (TBD)
A Few of Our Instructors
BankWork$ Lead Instructor
Jonathan is a relationship building expert who blends over 20 years of customer service experience with his background as a professional actor to instruct, excite, motivate and transform JVS job seekers. Jonathan trained at the Pacific Conservatory of the Performing Arts and received his BA in Social Welfare from UC Berkeley.
After a successful career in sales and as a corporate sales trainer, Holley found her calling in nonprofits and brought her passion for helping others and exceptional presentation skills to JVS. She specializes in helping people learn how to present themselves to employers.