Bookkeeping Training & Paid Internship Program
Do you need technical training to prepare yourself for a bookkeeping role?
- Bookkeeping fundamentals and QuickBooks, a widely-used accounting software
- Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, Zoom & Slack
- How to work with a small business and support their bookkeeping and back office admin needs
- Communication, leadership and client management skills from a professional accountant
- A strategy for your job search and networking
**Internship is up to 20-25 hours a week at $20/hour
Note: Skill Training part of the program is unpaid
- Unemployed or underemployed
- 1+ year work or volunteer experience in office, administration, or operations
- Wants to pursue a career in the bookkeeping/accounting field
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office
- High School diploma or GED
- English literacy
- 18 years or older
- Authorized to work in US
- Preferred populations include: Black and Latinx individuals, Women, Veterans and LGBTQ
Applications are now closed. Join our email list to learn about upcoming program dates and other JVS events.
QuickBooks Program Coordinator
Mike recruits participants for our QuickBooks program and provides outreach services to community partners. He coordinates with instructors on course content and classroom management, and advises JVS clients on career options. Prior to working in the Technology Programs department at JVS, Mike was a career coach at Upwardly Global.
November 9 – December 18, 2020
Paid internship: 6-8 weeks (starting after instructional training)
QuickBooks, bookkeeping fundamentals, polished self-presentation, job search strategy, learning and growth mindset