Bookkeeping Training & Paid Internship Program
Tired of having to decide between getting bookkeeping training for the career path you want and having to take any job because you need to cover the bills? Then JVS’s no-cost bookkeeping training and paid internship is perfect for you. After your training, you will remotely shadow an experienced accountant as you work on the books of small businesses and you’ll make money. This will allow you to not only learn the skills needed to be a bookkeeper but it will also give you the critical hands-on experience required to get hired.
There are two program offerings:
- Bookkeeping Refresher: the 8-10 week program includes 2 weeks of a bookkeeping skills “refresh” for people with recent bookkeeping education or experience, followed by 6-8 weeks of paid work experience.
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals: the 11-13 week program includes 5 weeks of accounting fundamentals and QuickBook training, followed by 6-8 weeks of paid work experience.
Earn up to $500 per week ($20/hr) with the following benefits:
- The chance to build the skills you need to get your dream job in accounting
- The opportunity to work with a small business and support their accounting and back-office admin needs
- Complement your internship work with the JVS core job search skill training and planning
- Mentorship and guidance from a professional accountant
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification (Fundamentals class only)
- For Refresher Class: Basic to intermediate recent knowledge, or experience with QuickBooks and bookkeeping fundamentals. Will need to pass a technical assessment to be eligible.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a career in bookkeeping and accounting
- Ability to commit to the duration of entire program up to 25 hours per week (this includes job search skill instruction)
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Authorized to work in US
- Preferred populations include: Black and Latinx individuals, Women, Veterans and LGBTQ
Applications are now closed. Join our email list to learn about upcoming program dates and other JVS events.
QuickBooks Program Coordinator
Mike recruits participants for our QuickBooks program and provides outreach services to community partners. He coordinates with instructors on course content and classroom management, and advises JVS clients on career options. Prior to working in the Technology Programs department at JVS, Mike was a career coach at Upwardly Global.
Bookkeeping Refresher: March 30-June 4; 9AM-12:30PM, M-F
Bookkeeping Fundamentals: April 12-July 9; 9AM-12:30PM, M-F
QuickBooks, bookkeeping fundamentals, polished self-presentation, job search strategy, learning and growth mindset