Bookkeeping Training & Paid Internship Program
JVS is offering a no-cost Bookkeeping Fundamentals program that includes a paid internship. This program will train you for jobs such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, accounting clerk, or assistant.
This 14-week remote program is for job seekers who have little or no knowledge of bookkeeping and wish to pursue a bookkeeping career.
Not sure if the Bookkeeping Fundamentals program is for you? Watch this video to learn more about important skills for a bookkeeper.
What you can expect:
- 6-weeks of accounting fundamentals and QuickBooks Online skills training
- 8-weeks learning and work experience guided by JVS’s program accountant:
- Categorize income and expenses for 3-4 small business using QuickBooks online
- Perform bank reconciliations using QuickBooks Online
- Record journal entries for adjustments, payroll, assets, and liabilities
- Prepare basic financial reports and deliver a final presentation to business owners
After completing the program, you will be qualified for entry level accounting roles such as Accounting Assistant, Bookkeeper, A/P & A/R clerk.
Earn up to $400 per week ($20/hr) with the following:
- The chance to build the skills you need to get a good entry-level job in accounting
- The opportunity to work with small businesses and support their accounting and back-office admin needs
- Complement your internship work with the JVS core job search and interpersonal skills training
- Mentorship and guidance from a professional accountant
- QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification
- Must commit to 20-25 hours per week for the duration of the program
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
- Target participants include: Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Women, Veterans, and LGBTQIA+
- California residents only
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
WDBCCC WIOA Title 1 financially-assisted programs or activities are an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Applications are now closed. Join our email list to learn about upcoming program dates and other JVS events.
Technology Program Coordinator
Mike recruits participants for our Bookkeeping program and provides outreach services to community partners. He coordinates with instructors on course content and classroom management, and advises JVS clients on career options. Prior to working in the Technology Programs department at JVS, Mike was a career coach at Upwardly Global.
April 18 – May 27; 9am-12:30pm, M-F
May 31 – July 28; 9am-12:30pm, M-F
(Job search and interpersonal skills training hours are unpaid)
Having trouble applying?
Contact: Mike Madayag at [email protected] or call (415) 782-6248