Bookkeeping Training & Paid Internship Program
Can’t decide between getting training for the bookkeeping career you want and having to take any job to cover your bills? Then JVS’s no-cost bookkeeping training and paid internship are perfect for you. This program will train you for jobs such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, accounting clerk, or assistant.
Two program offerings to select from:
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals: the 11-14 week program includes 5 weeks of accounting fundamentals and QuickBooks training, followed by 6-8 weeks of paid work experience.
- Bookkeeping Refresher: the 9-11 week program includes 2.5-3 weeks of a bookkeeping skills “refresh” for people with recent bookkeeping education or experience, followed by 6-8 weeks of paid work experience.
Earn up to $500 per week ($20/hr) with the following benefits:
- Work with a small business and support their accounting needs
- Get mentorship and guidance from a professional accountant
- Obtain QuickBooks Pro Advisor certification
- Learn some core job search skills
- For Bookkeeping Refresher Class (not required for Bookkeeping Fundamentals): Basic to intermediate knowledge, or experience with QuickBooks.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a career in bookkeeping and accounting
- Ability to commit to the duration of entire program up to 25 hours per week (this includes job search skill instruction)
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Authorized to work in US
- Target participants include: Black, Indigenous, People of Color, Women, Veterans, and LGBTQIA+
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Must be a resident of California
Applications for Bookkeeping Fundamentals program are now closed.
Technology Program Coordinator
Mike recruits participants for our Bookkeeping program and provides outreach services to community partners. He coordinates with instructors on course content and classroom management, and advises JVS clients on career options. Prior to working in the Technology Programs department at JVS, Mike was a career coach at Upwardly Global.
August 16-September 1; 9AM-12:30PM, M-F
September 2-November 2; 1:30pm-4:30pm, M-F
August 30-December 3; 9AM-12:30PM, M-F
Having trouble applying? Contact: Mike Madayag at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (415) 782-6248