Business Administration Bootcamp
Applications for the San Pablo Business Administration Bootcamp are currently closed. To learn about our technology job training programs and workshops, sign up for our monthly eblast here.
If you have specific questions about the program, please e-mail email@example.com.
Are you looking for work in business administration, but need to update your technical skills? We teamed up with the San Pablo Economic Development Corporation to offer a free 5-week Bootcamp that will get you back to work faster with upgraded computer and job search skills. Get the motivation and direction you need to get on the fast track to your next job. This course takes place in San Pablo.
- in-demand computer admin skills (e.g., Microsoft Office and Google Drive)
- how to sign up for a free subscription and navigate Lynda.com, an online learning platform, where you’ll have access to courses in Outlook, Quickbooks, Excel, communication, productivity, business skills and more
For your job search, you’ll also gain:
- a new job search and networking strategy
- a powerful personal brand, including your resume, LinkedIn profile, pitch and online presence
- a supportive group of fellow job seekers to share resources and learning techniques
- access to employer panels, presentations, resume reviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you’re employed
We’re looking for participants who:
- have experience in an office environment, preferably in an administrative role
- This program is designed for people who have been unemployed for 6 months or more or are underemployed. We encourage all job seekers to apply, and we’ll be in touch if you’re a good fit.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States.
What Participants are Saying
A Few of Our Instructors
Kathryn is an educator, curriculum developer and writer. She has over 12 years of experience in adult education and focuses on creating collaborative, supportive, student-centered learning spaces that foster growth and confidence. She received her BA from University of Wisconsin-Madison in English and History and holds a master’s degree in Writing from UNLV.
This program is funded by the federal government. The primary goal is to help people improve their skills and find and keep jobs. In order to learn what works, the federal government is conducting a study requiring every eligible person to be selected through a lottery system. Those not selected through the lottery will not be able to participate in this program or any other JVS Skills to Work in Technology or Job Search Accelerator programs, but will be able to enroll in any other JVS services or programs for which they are eligible. Veterans are exempt from the lottery.
Read more about the participation selection in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Location: San Pablo Community Center, 2450 Road 20, San Pablo, CA 94806
Topics: polished self-presentation, job search strategy, learning and growth mindset