Data Analyst Training
In partnership with Tracked, JVS is excited to offer a no-cost 8 to 10-month training program that will prepare you for a career as a Data Analyst. The Data Analyst training program starts on July 20, 2022 and combines a self-paced curriculum with virtual class time, which will provide participants with skill-building support, professional training, and motivational sessions. You will learn about data modeling, business foundations, data cleaning, analytics, best practices for job searching, and more.
After completion of all course projects and milestones, you will be placed in a paid 2 to 4-month internship with a local company to practice your new skills.
Until June 10, there will be Data Analyst training Q&A sessions each morning from 9-9:30am. They will be hosted by JVS staff member Eliyana Dhakal. Join Eliyana to ask your questions before you apply to the program.
What is a Data Analyst?
Data Analysts are people who gather, clean, transform and interpret data using various tools. The data could be ranging from ride-sharing companies seeking to understand where peak bookings occur, to a nonprofit trying to optimize and improve the efficiency of its day-to-day processes. Data Analysis is an occupation and skill that is used across all industries which makes it one of the most flexible, well-paying and satisfying jobs out there. In the San Francisco Bay Area, annual salaries for a data analyst range from $88,000-$110,000. Learn more about Data Analytics.
- Hybrid learning model with 450+ hours of self-guided learning supported by weekly cohort meetings and one-on-one technical support sessions.
- Estimated 20-25 hours a week of self-study.
- Four hours of mandatory weekly cohort class time (Days and times-TBD)
- Monday: 9:00-11:00am (Professional Soft Skills and Cohort Support)
- Friday: 9:00-11:00am (Technical Skills Instructor Support)
- Weekly 30-minute meetings with both the Tracked Technical Guide and Support Adviser.
- JVS Foundation Week: July 25- July 29; M-F; 9:30-12:30pm
- For people who complete all course milestones there will be a 2 to 4 month paid internship working with a local San Francisco employer.
- Networking opportunities and job search support with fellow cohort members and employers
- Applicants from the following communities are prioritized: Black, Latinx, Women, Veterans, and LGBTQ
- Resident of the San Francisco Bay Area
- High school diploma or GED required
- Be currently unemployed or underemployed
- Have authorization to work in the U.S.
- Have a strong interest in math, statistics, or uncovering trends or patterns in data
- Ability to participate in scheduled class times and complete independently-paced learning
- Preferred, but not required: at least 1 year of professional experience working regularly with either Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- Read through the eligibility requirements and attend an informational webinar to learn more about the program. The informational webinar is on June 3 from 11-12pm.
- Submit a completed application by Friday, June 10, 2022
- All applications are reviewed and those selected to move forward will be contacted to set up a short phone conversation with JVS staff. We will use this conversation to learn more about you and your interest in the program.
- If you reach the next step of the process, we will invite you to a Zoom session with other applicants to participate in a group activity focused on problem-solving, teamwork, and time management in small groups,
- As a final step, we will ask you to complete an assessment.
Questions? Please contact the Data Analyst team at JVS: [email protected]
Applications are now closed.
Program Duration: July 20, 2022 – Spring 2023
Informational webinars: June 3 11am-12pm
Application deadline: Friday, June 10, 2022
Notice of acceptance: You will be notified by July 11
Program Orientation: July 20, 2022
Paid Internships: February/March 2023, exact dates TBD.