Dental Assistant Certificate
Do you have a talent for calming anxious people? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, caring work environment? A Dental Assistant checks in patients, prepares them for the doctor and is a key player in every dental practice. Apply for this free certificate course, which will give you the skills and hands-on experience you need to begin a professional career in Dental Assisting.
Dental Assistants are in high demand in the Bay Area. Get everything you need to get hired through our unique program with San Francisco State University. This free, no-tuition, 3-month course combines lectures, labs, a paid clinical externship and job search support until you are hired.
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental operatory and dental equipment
- Introductory tooth structure including primary and permanent teeth
- The oral cavity and related structures
- Dental hand-pieces, sterilization, and other areas
- Legal aspects of dentistry today
- Introduction to the dental office, including history of dentistry and dental assisting
- Clinical skills through hands-on experience at a community dental clinic in San Francisco
- Job search skills in dentistry
- 18 years old or older
- GED or high school diploma
- English literacy
- Basic math skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
- San Francisco resident preferred
We’re not currently accepting applications for this program. Join our mailing list to learn about future program dates and other JVS events.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Eliyana brings more than a decade of experience working with people from all backgrounds and numerous countries. Eliyana holds a master’s degree in Public Health and is an expert on developing collaborations to create career pathways for JVS job seekers. She has also conducted research with professors at San Francisco State University and UCSF.
Program Dates: February 25 – May 14, 2019
Schedule: M – F, 9am – 2:30pm (subject to change)
Location: SFSU Downtown, San Francisco
Certificates Included: X-ray license, Infection Control and Dental Assistant
Topics: dental terminology and tools, customer service, job search