Foundations in Dental Assistant Training
Apply for this 11-week dental assisting training program with JVS. Our hybrid online and in-person training includes a paid internship and provides you with the necessary technical hands-on and patient care skills to start a career as a Dental Assistant.
Please watch the videos below before submitting your application.
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental procedures, and dental disease
- Chairside dental assisting
- Use and care of equipment and materials
- Infection Control and aseptic techniques
- Clinical skills through hands-on experience at a dental clinic
- X-rays (Students are required to bring in 3 patients to perform full mouth exposure in order to complete the Radiation Safety training and be eligible for their x-ray licensure)
- Certifications included: Radiation Safety, Infection Control, and Basic Life Support (BLS)
JVS Staff will support you from the training program through accepting your next job and guiding onward toward career advancement.
WDBCCC WIOA Title 1 financially assisted programs or activities are an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Not currently accepting applications.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Eliyana brings more than a decade of experience working with people from all backgrounds and numerous countries. Eliyana holds a master’s degree in Public Health and is an expert on developing collaborations to create career pathways for JVS job seekers. She has also conducted research with professors at San Francisco State University and UCSF.
Online classes via Zoom, In-person classes in Oakland
July 10 – September 21, 2023
- Resident of San Francisco and Alameda County only
- Age 18 or older
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to provide 3 volunteer patients for x-ray licensure exam
- Ability to provide updated immunizations record
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination