Dental Assistant Training
Do you have a talent for calming anxious people? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, caring work environment? You could be a great Dental Assistant, who checks in patients, prepares them for the dentist, and is a crucial player in every dental practice.
Applications are open for our no-cost Dental Assistant Training program:
- Dental Assistant Hybrid Program (Half Remote, Half In-Person): Ideal for San Francisco, Alameda, and Contra Costa Counties residents, this 5-week program is 50% online + 50% in-person, followed by 5-weeks of paid work experience.
Please watch the video below before submitting your application.
- Foundational dental assisting skills
- Clinical skills through hands-on experience at a dental clinic
- Certifications in Radiation Safety*, Infection Control, and Basic Life Support (BLS) *Note: Participants are required to bring in 3 volunteer patients to complete the Radiation Safety Certification
JVS Staff will support you from the training program through accepting your next job and guiding onward toward career advancement.
Applications are now open.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Eliyana brings more than a decade of experience working with people from all backgrounds and numerous countries. Eliyana holds a master’s degree in Public Health and is an expert on developing collaborations to create career pathways for JVS job seekers. She has also conducted research with professors at San Francisco State University and UCSF.
Dental Assistant Hybrid Program Info:
October 4, 2021 – December 13, 2021
Online lessons: 9 hours/week
Classes: 16 hours/week in Berkeley
- Commitment to a career in dentistry
- Low-income or unemployed
- Age 18 or older
- High school diploma or GED
- English literacy
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Resident of San Francisco, Alameda, or Contra Costa County
- Ability to provide 3 volunteer patients for x-ray licensure exam
- Ability to provide updated immunizations record
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination