Dental Assistant Training
Do you have a talent for calming anxious people? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, caring work environment? You could be a great Dental Assistant, who checks in patients, prepares them for the dentist, and is a crucial player in every dental practice.
Apply for this paid, 10-week dental assisting training program with JVS in partnership with the California Dental Association (CDA), Eden Area ROP and Dental Perfections. Our hybrid online and in-person training provides you with the necessary technical hands-on and patient care skills to start a career as a Dental Assistant.
Please watch the video below before submitting your application.
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental procedures, and dental disease
- Chairside dental assisting
- Use and care of equipment and materials
- Infection Control and aseptic techniques
- Clinical skills through hands-on experience at a dental clinic
- X-rays (Students are required to bring in 3 patients to perform full mouth exposure to complete the Radiation Safety training and be eligible for their x-ray licensure)
- Certifications included: Radiation Safety, Infection Control, and Basic Life Support (BLS)
JVS Staff will support you from the training program through accepting your next job and guiding onward toward career advancement.
Applications for our Dental Assistant Training program are now closed.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Eliyana brings more than a decade of experience working with people from all backgrounds and numerous countries. Eliyana holds a master’s degree in Public Health and is an expert on developing collaborations to create career pathways for JVS job seekers. She has also conducted research with professors at San Francisco State University and UCSF.
Program Dates (2 Cohorts):
April 26, 2021 – July 2, 2021
June 7, 2021 – August 12, 2021
Locations & Times:
Online classes via Zoom
In-person classes in Berkeley
Externship sites in SF and East Bay
Cohort 1: April 26 – May 28
Cohort 2: June 7 – July 9
Various San Francisco Bay Area sites
Monday – Saturday (schedules vary)
Cohort 1: June 1 – July 2
Cohort 2: July 12 – August 12
- Low-income or unemployed
- Age 18+
- High school diploma or GED
- English literacy
- Eligible to work in the United States
- San Francisco, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties residents preferred
- Ability to provide updated immunization record
- Ability to provide 3 patients for X-ray licensure exam