Dental Assistant Training
Are you looking to switch careers but don’t know how to get started? Are you worried about your income while you’re in training? JVS has you covered. Get paid up to $200 per week while you’re training for your new career as a Dental Assistant. JVS will support you through the whole training and help you secure a paid externship at the end of the training.
This course includes paid, hands-on experience at diverse community dental clinics in San Francisco.
Apply for this paid, 10-week dental assisting program with JVS in partnership with Eden Area ROP and Dental Perfections. Our hybrid online and in-person training provides you with the necessary technical hands-on and patient care skills to start a career as a Dental Assistant.
Please watch the video below before submitting your application.
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental procedures and dental disease
- Chairside dental assisting
- Use and care of equipment and materials
- Infection Control and aseptic techniques
- Clinical skills through hands-on experience at a dental clinic
- X-rays (Students are required to bring in 3 patients to perform full mouth exposure to complete the Radiation Safety training and be eligible for their x-ray licensure)
- Certifications: Radiation Safety, Infection Control, and Basic Life Support (BLS)
JVS Staff will support you from the training program through accepting your next job and guiding onward toward career advancement.
Applications for our Dental Assistant Training program are now closed.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Eliyana brings more than a decade of experience working with people from all backgrounds and numerous countries. Eliyana holds a master’s degree in Public Health and is an expert on developing collaborations to create career pathways for JVS job seekers. She has also conducted research with professors at San Francisco State University and UCSF.
Feb 8, 2021 – April 9, 2021
Locations & Times:
Online classes via Zoom
In-person classes in Berkeley
Externship sites in SF and East Bay
February 8th, 2021 – March 5th, 2021
Sat/Sun/Tues/Thursday, in-person and online
Various San Francisco Bay Area sites
Monday – Saturday (schedules vary)
March 8th – April 9th
- Low-income or unemployed
- Age 18+
- High school diploma or GED
- English literacy
- Eligible to work in the United States
- San Francisco, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties residents preferred
- Ability to provide updated immunization record
- Ability to provide 3 patients for X-ray licensure exam