Dental Assistant Training
Do you have a talent for calming anxious people? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, caring work environment? You could be a great Dental Assistant, who checks in patients, prepares them for the dentist, and is a crucial player in every dental practice.
Apply for this paid, 10-week dental assisting training program with JVS in partnership with the California Dental Association (CDA) and Dental Perfections. Our no-cost hybrid online and in-person training provides you with the technical hands-on and patient care skills required to start a career as a dental assistant.
Please watch the video below before submitting your application.
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental procedures, and dental disease
- Chairside dental assisting
- Use and care of equipment and materials
- Infection Control and aseptic techniques
- Clinical skills through hands-on experience at a dental clinic
- X-rays (Students are required to bring in 3 patients to perform full mouth exposure in order to complete the Radiation Safety training and be eligible for their x-ray licensure)
- Certifications included: Radiation Safety, Infection Control, and Basic Life Support (BLS)
JVS Staff will support you from the training program through accepting your next job and guiding onward toward career advancement.
WDBCCC WIOA Title 1 financially assisted programs or activities are an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Applications are now closed. Join our email list to learn about upcoming program dates and other JVS events.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Eliyana brings more than a decade of experience working with people from all backgrounds and numerous countries. Eliyana holds a master’s degree in Public Health and is an expert on developing collaborations to create career pathways for JVS job seekers. She has also conducted research with professors at San Francisco State University and UCSF.
Online classes via Zoom, In-person classes in Oakland
May 9, 2022 – July 15, 2022
- Low-income or unemployed
- Age 18 or older
- High school diploma or GED
- English literacy
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Resident of San Francisco, Alameda, or Contra Costa County
- Ability to provide 3 volunteer patients for x-ray licensure exam
- Ability to provide updated immunizations record
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination