Dental Assistant Certificate
This course is open to Alameda County residents and it includes paid, hands-on experience at diverse community & private dental clinics in the East Bay.
Do you have a talent for calming anxious people? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, caring work environment? You could be a great Dental Assistant, who checks in patients, prepares them for the doctor and is a key player in every dental practice.
Apply for this free, 4-month dental assisting program that prepares students with the necessary skills, clinical knowledge, and hands-on experience to obtain career-related employment.
- Introductory oral anatomy, dental procedures and dental disease
- Chair side dental assisting
- Use and care of equipment and materials
- Clinical skills through hands-on experience at a community or private clinic
- Infection Control and aseptic techniques
- Radiation safety (Students are required to bring in 4 patients – with an approval from their dentist – to perform full mouth exposure in order to complete the Radiation Safety training and be eligible for their x-ray licensure)
- Certifications: X-ray license and Infection Control
- Alameda County residents only
- Low-income or unemployed
- Age 18+ with high school diploma or GED
- English literacy
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
- Provide updated immunization record
- Ability to bring 4 patients for X-ray exam
Applications are now closed. Join our email list to learn about upcoming program dates and other JVS events.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Eliyana brings more than a decade of experience working with people from all backgrounds and numerous countries. Eliyana holds a master’s degree in Public Health and is an expert on developing collaborations to create career pathways for JVS job seekers. She has also conducted research with professors at San Francisco State University and UCSF.
Program Dates: Nov 12, 2019 – March 20, 2020
2 weeks’ holiday break and 1-week Thanksgiving break
Clinical externships (various East Bay sites): Feb 10 – mid- March, 2020
M-F (schedules vary)
Location & Times: Classroom training: EdenArea ROP, 26316 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
5:30 pm – 8:30 pm (M-TH)
9:00 am -2:30 pm (F)
Certificates Included: X-ray license and Infection Control
Topics: dental terminology and tools, customer service, job search