Are you a self-starter who is looking for a career in digital marketing? We’ve teamed up with General Assembly, a leading and well-respected technology trainer, to offer this free 12-week course.
Learn how to create brand and marketing strategy, engage with customers online and measure results. This course combines in-class learning, independent study and hands-on work through creating a digital marketing campaign for a business or nonprofit.
We’ll cover everything from social media and SEO to creating brand content and analyzing audience data. You’ll also build the job search skills you need to jumpstart a career in this growing industry.
- the current digital landscape, including tools, vocabulary and best practices from established marketing professionals
- how to develop and launch an effective digital marketing campaign which is based on business goals, driven by data and measured by key performance indicators
- skills you need to build an audience and brand loyalty with social media, SEO, user-generated content and more
- how to create, target, launch and track social media campaigns using Facebook, Google AdWords and Google Analytics
For your job search, you’ll also gain:
- a new job search and networking strategy
- a powerful personal brand, including your resume, LinkedIn profile, pitch and online presence
- a supportive group of fellow job seekers to share resources and learning techniques
- access to employer panels, presentations, resume reviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you’re employed
We’re looking for participants who:
- have a professional background in marketing, analytics, content marketing, graphic design, branding, social media and/or other complementary fields
- are self-directed learners who thrive in diverse learning environments, including fast-paced classroom instruction, project-based learning and online training platforms
- have the motivation and ability to take charge of their own education
- can commit to classes at General Assembly, job search workshops at JVS and roughly 15-30 hours of independent study per week
- This program is designed for people who have been unemployed for 6 months or more or are underemployed. We encourage all job seekers to apply, and we’ll be in touch if you’re a good fit.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States.
This program is funded by the federal government. The primary goal is to help people improve their skills and find and keep jobs. In order to learn what works, the federal government is conducting a study requiring every eligible person to be selected through a lottery system. Those not selected through the lottery will not be able to participate in this program or any other JVS Skills to Work in Technology or Job Search Accelerator programs, but will be able to enroll in any other JVS services or programs for which they are eligible. Veterans are exempt from the lottery.
Read more about the participation selection in our Frequently Asked Questions.
What job seekers are saying:
“This training helped me develop the marketing vocabulary, tools and strategies that so many brands are using today. When my new boss asked me if I could create a customer journey map, I was able to say ‘yes!’ thanks to this program. I also walked away with a fresh personal brand, including a compelling elevator pitch, career narrative and networking strategy that brought me so much confidence as I applied for jobs.” -Sally, Digital Marketing Alum
Program Dates: TBD
A Few of Our Instructors
Digital Marketing Program Coordinator
Terri brings 20+ years of marketing and training experience to JVS, having worked in media sales with CBS, Emmis and Cablevison. She has also worked in business development to form partnerships, content creation and media strategy. She received her bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications from Emerson College and an MBA from San Francisco State University.
Lead Instructor, Technology Programs
Jim, a Certified Career Development Facilitator, helps people get beyond their stuck places and assists them in developing new tools and resources for personal and professional success. Previously, Jim was the Training and Logistics Manager of the San Francisco Department of Elections and the owner of Change With Purpose Coaching.
JVS Schedule: Monday, Wednesday (2pm-5pm), Friday (9am-12pm)
General Assembly Schedule: Monday, Wednesday (6pm-9pm), or Saturday (10am3pm)
Location: 225 Bush St., San Francisco, CA 94104
Topics: brand/marketing strategy, social media, job search strategy, polished self-presentation