You don’t need relevant experience or a degree to complete this flexible, online job training. Just put the skills, passion, and ambition you already have to work.
JVS is excited to partner with the Grow with Google Team to offer our first-ever 6-month, online IT Support training + paid internship. IT Support is a solid entry-level position and a great way to start a career in tech. There’s room to grow into other in-demand positions like tech project management, sales, network security admin, and cybersecurity roles.
Join a powerful and connected community of learning to jumpstart your career in tech!
This Program Includes:
- 260 hours of self-paced online instruction via Coursera with in-person technical support
- Paid IT Support Internship for 2 months (160 hours) with local business to gain real-world experience
- Weekly online accountability and motivational sessions with a Technical Instructor and Program Coordinator
- Networking opportunities and job search support with fellow cohort members and local employers
- Continued job search and career growth support for 1 year after completion of training and internship, including connections to further training and tech apprenticeships
- Black, Indigenous, People of Color
- Strong desire to work in IT and customer service
- Preference is given to Bay Area residents who do not have a bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with technology (i.e. smartphone, computers, email, Internet)
- At least 6 months of work experience in a customer service-related role
- At-home learning and video conferencing equipment may be provided
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Applications closed September 9th, 2021 at midnight. Join our newsletter to be notified when applications reopen.
Paid internship at these local companies:
Start date: Early Fall 2021 (exact start date to be determined)
Length: 4-6 month course followed by 2-month internship and 1 year of career advancement support (may be completed sooner depending on student’s ability to complete and master the online content)
Time Commitment: 20-30 hours of independent and guided online learning per week