JVS is excited to partner with the Grow with Google Team to offer our first-ever 6-month, online IT Support training + paid internship. IT Support is a solid entry-level position and a great way to start a career in tech. There’s room to grow into other in-demand positions like tech project management, sales, network security admin, and cybersecurity roles.
Join a powerful and connected community of learning to jumpstart your career in tech!
This Program Includes:
- 260 hours of self-paced online instruction via Coursera with in-person technical support
- Paid IT Helpdesk Internship for 2 months (160 hours) with local business to gain real-world experience
- Weekly online accountability and motivational sessions with a Technical Instructor and Program Coordinator
- Networking opportunities and job search support with fellow cohort members and local employers
- Continued job search and career growth support for 1 year after completion of training and internship, including connections to further training and tech apprenticeships
- Black, Indigenous, People of Color
- Strong desire to work in IT and customer service
- Preference is given to Bay Area residents who do not have a bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with technology (i.e. smartphone, computers, email, Internet)
- At least 6 months of work experience in a customer service-related role
- At-home learning and video conferencing equipment may be provided
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Applications are now open.
Start date: Early Fall 2021 (exact start date to be determined)
Length: 4-6 month course followed by 2-month internship and 1 year of career advancement support (may be completed sooner depending on student’s ability to complete and master the online content)
Time Commitment: 20-30 hours of independent and guided online learning per week