You don’t need relevant experience or a degree to complete this flexible, online job training.
JVS is excited to collaborate with the University of California, San Francisco and the Grow with Google Team to offer our 6-month, online IT Support training + full time paid internship, starting in December of 2022. IT Support is a solid entry-level position and a great way to start a career in tech. Applications accepted through November 12, 2022 or until the class is filled.
This Program Includes:
- 260 hours of self-paced online Google IT Support certification instruction via Coursera with instructor support
- Paid IT Support Internship for 3 months (260 hours) with UCSF to gain real-world experience
- Weekly online accountability and motivational sessions with a Technical Instructor and Program Coordinator
- Networking opportunities and job search support with fellow cohort members and local employers
- Continued job search and career growth support for 1 year after completion of training and internship, including connections to further training and tech apprenticeships
- Computer hardware and video conferencing equipment may be provided
- Black, Indigenous, People of Color
- 18-24 Years Old or UCSF employee
- HS Diploma or GED
- Strong desire to work in IT and customer service
- Preference is given to Bay Area residents who do not have a bachelor’s degree
- Preference given to historically excluded groups in the tech industry
- Familiarity with technology (i.e. smartphone, computers, email, Internet)
- At least 6 months of work experience in a customer service-related role
- Ability to participate in scheduled class times and complete independently paced learning
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Applications are closed.
Start date: December 6, 2022
Length: 4-6 month course followed by 3-month internship and 1 year of career advancement support (may be completed sooner depending on student’s ability to complete and master the online content)
Time Commitment: 20-30 hours of independent and guided online learning per week