You don’t need relevant experience or a degree to complete this flexible, online job training.
JVS is excited to collaborate with the Grow with Google Team to offer our 4-6 month, online IT Support training + opportunity for a paid internship, starting in April 2023. IT Support is a solid entry-level position and a great way to start a career in tech.
This Program Includes:
- 260 hours of self-paced online Google IT Support certification instruction via Coursera with instructor support
- Opportunity for a paid IT Support Internship for up to 160 hours to gain real-world experience
- Weekly office hours and study group sessions
- Networking opportunities and job search support with fellow cohort members and local employers
- Continued job search and career growth support for 1 year after completion of training and internship, including connections to further training and tech apprenticeships
- Computer hardware and video conferencing equipment may be provided
- Black, Indigenous, People of Color
- California resident
- Laid off or terminated from employment (displaced worker)
- HS Diploma or GED
- Strong desire to work in IT and customer service
- Preference is given to Bay Area residents who do not have a bachelor’s degree
- Preference given to historically excluded groups in the tech industry
- Familiarity with technology (i.e. smartphone, computers, email, Internet)
- At least 6 months of work experience in a customer service-related role
- Ability to participate in scheduled class times and complete independently paced learning
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Applications are now open.
Start date: April 17, 2023
Length: 4-6 month course followed by 2-month internship and 1 year of career advancement support
Time Commitment: 20-30 hours of independent and guided online learning per week