You don’t need relevant experience or a degree to complete this flexible, online job training.
JVS is excited to partner with the Grow with Google Team to offer our 6-month, online IT Support training + paid internship starting in spring of 2022. IT Support is a solid entry-level position and a great way to start a career in tech.
Join a powerful and connected community of learning to jumpstart your career in tech!
This Program Includes:
- 260 hours of self-paced online instruction via Coursera with in-person technical support
- Paid IT Support Internship for 2 months (160 hours) with local business to gain real-world experience
- Weekly online accountability and motivational sessions with a Technical Instructor and Program Coordinator
- Networking opportunities and job search support with fellow cohort members and local employers
- Continued job search and career growth support for 1 year after completion of training and internship, including connections to further training and tech apprenticeships
- Computer hardware and video conferencing equipment may be provided
- Black, Indigenous, People of Color
- Strong desire to work in IT and customer service
- Preference is given to Bay Area residents who do not have a bachelor’s degree
- Preference is given to under-represented groups in the tech field
- Familiarity with technology (i.e. smartphone, computers, email, Internet)
- At least 6 months of work experience in a customer service-related role
- Ability to participate in scheduled class times and complete independently paced learning
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Application deadline is January 31st.
Paid internship at these local companies:
Start date: March 14, 2022
Length: 4-6 month course followed by 2-month internship and 1 year of career advancement support (may be completed sooner depending on student’s ability to complete and master the online content)
Time Commitment: 20-30 hours of independent and guided online learning per week