Job Search Accelerator
Get back to work sooner by learning the latest job search tactics in our 2-week program. JSA is ideal for professionals with career gaps and individuals experiencing unemployment or under-employment. As a participant, you join a supportive community with JVS staff and fellow job seekers.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- 18+ years-old
- Proof of valid authorization to work in the United States
- Experience using and access to office software
- Able to navigate and engage in 4-5 hours of online learning (ZOOM and Google Classroom) Monday through Friday
- Must have a target job
- Committed to attending all classes and completing all program milestones
- Desire to work in job that uses technology
- Access to a computer with a webcam and able to keep it on during class
- Stable internet to participate in video conferences
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Applications are reviewed within a week of being submitted
- Staff will email (review your SPAM folder) you with a link to set-up a phone screening
- Research: decoding the job description
- Marketing materials: résumé, cover letter, LinkedIn, and elevator pitch
- Application: adapting your résumé to fit the job description, and understanding the application tracking system
- Interviewing: developing STAR stories and interviewing practice with corporate partners
- Networking: creating and using your social and professional network
- Clothing, dependent care, food and groceries, health, housing, utilities, phone, and technology equipment
- Weekly job search workshops
- One monthly career advising session for six months
- Support to help you work in the tech industry
- Community SLACK workspace
- Access to corporate events and mock interviews
What Job Seekers Are Saying:
“The Job Search Accelerator team understands the latest hiring trends and labor demands, and I’m amazed at how effective their training is. I was offered a full time position shortly after completing the program that’s on my career track despite my long period of being out of work. I know I couldn’t have done it without JVS.”
-Amy, Budget Analyst, East Bay Municipal Utility District
Applications for the Job Search Accelerator program are now open.
Tashae Hawkins Kodjale
Tashae Hawkins Kodjale is an inspirational/keynote speaker, Workshop curator/Facilitator, and community philanthropist. . She has brought her experience from working in both tech and nonprofit to support JVS’s mission to help transform lives through job search and skill-building. Tashae’s superpower is the ability to support professional job seekers in identifying new and old job search strategies that are tailored to their individual employment plan and can be implemented in an extraordinary way.
David has been a trainer and facilitator at JVS for 12 years and is a Career Advisor to JSA graduates. He has been a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), working in global companies, small consulting firms, nonprofits and government, honing his craft for 30+ years. He also teaches LinkedIn for Job Search and 50+ Job Search Strategies for the SF Public Library.
Ricardo loves to be a part of the transformational journey of under-served communities; he’s done this for over 20 years through direct service and leadership roles. He enjoys working with diverse teams and leads with emotional intelligence and a growth mindset while focusing on diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging in the workplace. As the JSA Program Manager, Ricardo leads a small and mighty team of creative, empathetic, passionate, and talented minds. Together, they help over 100 clients get back to work each year.
While JVS believes this is a program that can benefit many people who find themselves in a career transition or needing support and accountability in their job search, we must prioritize this offering to low income and other vulnerable populations based on need and the priorities of our funders. We can and will offer referrals to other no- to low-cost career resources offered in the Bay Area if we are unable to offer you acceptance into the Job Search Accelerator program at this time.
JVS receives funding from government subsidies to provide this training to you at no cost. Hence, we are required to request certain types of information from you, including but not limited to your current employment status, city of residence, and household income. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to having the opportunity to support you.
Orientation: September 24, 2021
Program Dates: September 27 – October 8, 2021
- AM Session: 9AM – 12PM
- PM Session: 3:30PM – 4:30PM