Job Search Accelerator
Is it time to give your job search a boost? Kick off or relaunch your job search in JVS’s free Job Search Accelerator. We offer two types of programs for job seekers, based on their needs:
Option 1: 3-Day Bootcamp
Option 2: 2-Week Program
The 3-Day Bootcamp Job Search Accelerator Program was created for people who already know their target job, have strong computer skills, and who work well independently. You will also get access to job search support with weekly group sessions and opportunities to meet one-on-one with a career advisor.
For people referred by Postmates, please visit your Fleet app and apply using the app link.
The 2-Week Program Job Search Accelerator Program was created for people that need extra support brushing up on their job searching skills. This program is ideal for people returning to the workforce after taking care of family or switching career paths. Whether you want to learn new job search technologies, or you want to learn more about new industries, this program creates a thriving community-learning environment that provides additional support.
What is covered in the job search training?
Focus on 3 Job Search Elements:
- Marketing Materials: Resume development and LinkedIn profile
- Job Applications: Decoding the job description and adapting your resume
- Interviewing: Developing your STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) stories to answer the most common interview questions
Cover 7 Job Search Essential Elements:
- Research: Decoding the job description
- Marketing Materials: Resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile, and elevator pitch
- Application: Adapting your resume to fit the job description. Understanding how the application tracking system works.
- Interviewing: Developing STAR stories and practicing interviews
- Networking: How to create and use your social & professional network
- Skill Development & Job Search Action Plan
- High school diploma or equivalent degree and be 18+ years old
- Proof of valid authorization to work in the United States
- Familiar in using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Must have a target job/industry
- Willing to commit to ALL class attendance
What happens after I apply?
Applications will be reviewed within one week of receipt. A JVS staff member will then contact you to set up a phone screen. Be sure to check your spam folder in case your email provider blocks our communications.
Email: JSA Program Assistant: Imue Aiguwurhuo at email@example.com
What job seekers are saying:
“The Job Search Accelerator team understands the latest hiring trends and labor demands, and I’m amazed at how effective their training is. I was offered a full time position shortly after completing the program that’s on my career track despite my long period of being out of work. I know I couldn’t have done it without JVS.”
-Amy, Budget Analyst, East Bay Municipal Utility District
We’re accepting applications for the March programs. Deadline is February 20, 2020 at midnight.
A Few of Our Instructors
Interim Manager, Job Search Accelerator Programs
Alex has nearly 30 years of experience in education and human development, with 20 of those years spent in executive leadership positions. Alex has held a range of roles – from a youth minister for the Catholic Church to a field consultant, well-known trainer and national speaker. Her focus on evidence-based practices and replicable strategies create programs that are high quality and relevant for job seekers.
Senior Partnerships Coordinator
Sesa has worked with JVS’s employer partners for the past two years to build mock interviews and networking opportunities for our program participants. She develops employer relationships that result in volunteer participation, job placements and informational interviews. Prior to JVS Sesa managed marketing campaigns for small businesses and belonged to the San Mateo and Mountain View chambers of commerce.
David has been a trainer and facilitator at JVS for 10 years and recently added Career Advisor to his roles. He has been a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), working in global companies, small consulting firms, nonprofits and government, honing his craft for 30+ years. He specializes in LinkedIn for Job Search and facilitating the 50+ Job Search Strategy Group.
What is the schedule?
We alternate each month between the two Job Search Accelerator programs:
- January: 2-Week Cohort
- February: 3-Day Boot Camp
- March: 2-Week Cohort
- April: 3-Day Boot Camp
- May: 2-Week Cohort
- June: 3-Day Boot Camp
3-Day Boot Camp
Day 1: Tuesday
Day 2: Wednesday
Day 3: Thursday
1 Hour Lunch (12pm-1pm)
Day 1: Monday
Day 2: Wednesday
Day 3: Friday
Day 4: Monday
Day 5: Wednesday
Day 6: Friday (Graduation and Mock Interview)