Job Search Accelerator
Learn the latest job search tactics to help you get back to work in our 2-week program. JSA is ideal for those returning to work after taking care of family, changing careers, and those experiencing unemployment or under-employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- 18+ years-old
- Proof of valid authorization to work in the United States
- Experience using and access to office software such as Microsoft Office, Libre Office, Google Suite, Zoho, or other alternatives
- Able to navigate and engage in 4-5 hours of online learning (ZOOM and Google Classroom) daily
- Must have a target job or industry
- Committed to attending all classes and completing all program milestones
- Desire to work in job that uses technology
- Access to a computer with a webcam
- Stable internet to participate in video conferences
- Able to keep their camera on during class
- Applications are reviewed within a week of being submitted
- Staff will email (review your SPAM folder) you with a link to set-up a phone screening
Email questions to: JSA Program Assistant, Tayo at email@example.com
- Research: decoding the job description
- Marketing materials: résumé, cover letter, LinkedIn, and elevator pitch
- Application: adapting your résumé to fit the job description, and understanding the application tracking system
- Interviewing: developing STAR stories and interviewing practice with corporate partners
- Networking: creating and using your social and professional network
To help you succeed in your goals, JVS offers the following support services:
In-Program Support Services:
- Clothing, dependent care, food and groceries, health, housing, utilities, phone, and technology equipment.
Post–Program Support Services:
- Six career advising session (1/month)
- Monthly job search workshops
- Support to help you work in the tech industry
What Job Seekers Are Saying:
“The Job Search Accelerator team understands the latest hiring trends and labor demands, and I’m amazed at how effective their training is. I was offered a full time position shortly after completing the program that’s on my career track despite my long period of being out of work. I know I couldn’t have done it without JVS.”
-Amy, Budget Analyst, East Bay Municipal Utility District
Applications are now open.
A Few of Our Instructors
Senior Partnerships Coordinator
Sesa has worked with JVS’s employer partners for the past two years to build mock interviews and networking opportunities for our program participants. She develops employer relationships that result in volunteer participation, job placements and informational interviews. Prior to JVS Sesa managed marketing campaigns for small businesses and belonged to the San Mateo and Mountain View chambers of commerce.
David has been a trainer and facilitator at JVS for 10 years and recently added Career Advisor to his roles. He has been a Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), working in global companies, small consulting firms, nonprofits and government, honing his craft for 30+ years. He specializes in LinkedIn for Job Search and facilitating the 50+ Job Search Strategy Group.
While JVS believes this is a program that can benefit many people who find themselves in a career transition or needing support and accountability in their job search, we must prioritize this offering to low income and other vulnerable populations based on need and the priorities of our funders. We can and will offer referrals to other no- to low-cost career resources offered in the Bay Area if we are unable to offer you acceptance into the Job Search Accelerator program at this time.
JVS receives funding from government subsidies to provide this training to you at no cost. Hence, we are required to request certain types of information from you, including but not limited to your current employment status, city of residence, and household income. We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to having the opportunity to support you.
Orientation: May 7, 2021
Program Dates: May 10 – May 21, 2021
- AM Session: 9AM – 12PM
- PM Session: 3:30PM – 4:30PM