Job Search Accelerator
Is it time to give your job search a boost? Kick off or relaunch your job search in JVS’s Job Search Accelerator. This program starts with 36 hours of in-person job search essentials training, including mock interviews with Bay Area employers. Support for your search continues after the program with weekly group sessions and opportunities to meet one-on-one with a career advisor.
In this training, you will:
- develop a job search action plan
- build a strong career portfolio and refresh your resume with support and feedback
- practice for interviews
- receive one-on-one interview and networking coaching
- access online learning to advance soft and technical skills
- connect to job leads
- engage with a supportive cohort of peer job seekers
- High School diploma or equivalent degree and be 18+ years old
- proof of valid authorization to work in the United States
- unemployed for 6 months or more or are underemployed
Read more about the program in our Frequently Asked Questions.
What job seekers are saying:
“The Job Search Accelerator team understands the latest hiring trends and labor demands, and I’m amazed at how effective their training is. I was offered a full time position shortly after completing the program that’s on my career track despite my long period of being out of work. I know I couldn’t have done it without JVS.”
-Amy, Budget Analyst, East Bay Municipal Utility District
Job Search Accelerator
We are currently accepting applications for all cohorts. Application deadline for the June, 2019 cohort is May 31, 2019 at midnight.
A Few of Our Instructors
JSA Training Coordinator
Alex has nearly 30 years of experience in education and human development, with 20 of those years spent in executive leadership positions. Alex has held a range of roles – from a youth minister for the Catholic Church to a field consultant, well-known trainer and national speaker. Her focus on evidence-based practices and replicable strategies create programs that are high quality and relevant for job seekers.
Strategic Corporate Partnerships Coordinator
Sesa has worked with JVS’s employer partners for the past two years to build mock interviews and networking opportunities for our program participants. She develops employer relationships that result in volunteer participation, job placements and informational interviews. Prior to JVS Sesa managed marketing campaigns for small businesses and belonged to the San Mateo and Mountain View chambers of commerce.
Senior Program Coordinator: Financial Service and Job Search Programs
Keith has 10+ years of experience in customer service and retail management. He came to JVS with a desire to help others by focusing on client needs. He currently coordinates recruitment, intake and onboarding for JVS’ Job Search Accelerator and Financial Services programs. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in Archaeology and Anthropology from the University of California, Los Angeles.
Start Date: Friday, June 7, 2019
End Date: Friday, June 21, 2019
Schedule: 36 hours of classroom training, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm; weekly group meetings and 1:1 work with a job search specialist
- Orientation: Friday, June 7 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Day 1: Monday, June 10 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Day 2: Wednesday, June 12 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Day 3: Friday, June 14 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Day 4: Monday, June 17 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Day 5: Wednesday, June 19 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Day 6: Friday, June 21 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Mock interviews & graduation)
Location: JVS San Francisco, 225 Bush St. Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104
Topics: Job search strategy, mock interviews, guidance in online learning