Medical Administrative Assistant
University of California San Francisco (UCSF), Jewish Vocational Service (JVS), San Francisco Human Services Agency (SFHSA), and Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) are launching a new cycle of the EXCEL Internship Program. EXCEL provides the training necessary to gain impactful employment in the field of healthcare administration at UCSF.
Before applying, meet your program instructors through the orientation video below. The dates in this orientation have changed. Please refer to the JVS EXCEL webpage for the most current dates and deadlines.
EXCEL provides the following:
• 10 weeks of live virtual classroom training: basic computer skills including electronic medical records system, office skills, and job search skills (provided by JVS and SFSU-CEL)*
• 16 week paid internship: 32 hours/week at UCSF
• Ongoing internship support throughout the duration of the program
• Post internship job placement assistance
- San Francisco resident, 18 years or older with High School diploma/GED
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic office skills
- Proficient in English, able to pass a basic office skills assessment
- Able to successfully complete the on-boarding process, including a criminal background check, occupational health clearance and a substance abuse screen
- Eligible for the JobsNOW! Program
- Compliance with Covid-19 vaccination guidelines
- Be in good standing with San Francisco State University & San Francisco State University College of Extended Learning
For more information about the program and to meet representatives from UCSF, JVS and HSA, please attend one of the following live Zoom sessions:
August 24, 2022, 2-3PM
August 30, 2022, 10-11AM
September 9, 2022, 2-3PM
September 13, 2022, 10-11AM
Applications are closed.
A Few of Our Instructors
Senior Healthcare Program Coordinator
Amy completed her Master of Public Health at San Francisco State University and became a professor there and at Skyline College, working predominantly with low income and first-generation college students. She uses these experiences in supportive services and coaching to help job seekers work toward their career goals and improve quality of life.
Live Virtual Classroom Training:
November 7, 2022 – January 20, 2023
(Winter Break: December 19 – January 2, 2023)
Technology support may be available for participants
January 23 – May 12, 2023
UCSF (various San Francisco locations)
More information contact:
The EXCEL Team