Medical Administrative Assistant
University of California San Francisco (UCSF), Jewish Vocational Service (JVS), Human Services Agency ( HSA), and Office of Economic and Workforce Development (OEWD) are launching a new cycle of the EXCEL Internship Program. EXCEL provides the training necessary to gain impactful employment in the field of healthcare administration at UCSF. Before applying, meet your program instructors through the orientation video below.
EXCEL provides the following:
• 9 weeks of live virtual classroom training: basic computer skills including electronic medical records system, office skills, and job search skills (provided by JVS)*
• 16 week paid internship: 32 hours/week at UCSF
• Ongoing internship support throughout the duration of the program
• Post internship job placement assistance
- San Francisco resident, 18 years or older with High School diploma /GED
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic office skills
- Proficient in English, able to pass a basic office skills assessment
- Able to pass a criminal background check, occupational health clearance and substance abuse screen
- Eligible for JobsNOW!
For more information about the program and to meet representatives from UCSF, JVS and HSA, please attend one of the following live Zoom sessions:
March 5, 2021, 10AM: Click Here or go to Zoom.us “Join a Meeting” and enter Meeting ID: 963 9004 4592 Passcode: 670128
March 12, 2021, 4PM: Click Here or go to Zoom.us “Join a Meeting” and enter Meeting ID: 963 9004 4592 Passcode: 670128
March 19, 2021, 11AM: Click Here or go to Zoom.us “Join a Meeting” and enter Meeting ID: 963 9004 4592 Passcode: 670128
March 26, 2021 1PM: Click Here or go to Zoom.us “Join a Meeting” and enter Meeting ID: 963 9004 4592 Passcode: 670128
Call in phone numbers:
+1 408 638 0968
+1 669 900 6833
+1 253 215 8782
+1 346 248 7799
+1 646 876 9923
+1 301 715 8592
+1 312 626 6799
Attendance at a live Zoom session is highly encouraged!
Applications for the Medical Administrative Assistant program are now closed.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Regina is an experienced college professor with a master’s degree in research of psychology. She is a San Francisco native who comes from a low socioeconomic status and is dedicated to helping others achieve their career goals. Regina is a firm believer that when people put their minds to something positive, they are capable of achieving amazing things.
Live Virtual Classroom Training:
June 7th , 2021 – August 6th, 2021
Technology support may be available for participants
August 9th, 2021 – November 24th, 2021
UCSF (various San Francisco locations)
More information contact: