Medical Administrative Assistant
UCSF, JVS, HSA, and OEWD are launching Cycle 19 of the EXCEL Internship Program. EXCEL provides the training necessary to gain entry-level employment in the field of healthcare administration at UCSF. Before applying, meet your program instructors through the orientation video below.
EXCEL provides the following:
• 9 weeks of live virtual classroom training: basic computer skills including electronic medical records system, office skills, and job search skills (provided by JVS)*
• 16 week paid internship: 32 hours/week at UCSF
• Ongoing internship support throughout the duration of the program
• Post internship job placement assistance
- San Francisco resident, 18 years or older with High School diploma /GED
- Proficient in English, able to pass a basic office skills assessment
- Able to pass a criminal background check, occupational health clearance and substance abuse screen
- Eligible for JobsNOW!
For more information about the program and to meet representatives from UCSF, JVS and HSA, please attend one of the following live Zoom sessions:
August 26, 2020, 10AM: Click Here or go to Zoom.us “Join a Meeting” and enter Meeting ID: 875 7366 4552 Passcode: 001054
August 28, 2020, 1PM: Click Here or go to Zoom.us “Join a Meeting” and enter Meeting ID: 897 8104 7729 Passcode: 530008
September 2, 2020, 4PM: Click Here or go to Zoom.us “Join a Meeting” and enter Meeting ID: 830 0660 2337 Passcode: 447832
Call in phone numbers:
+1 408 638 0968
+1 669 900 6833
+1 253 215 8782
+1 346 248 7799
+1 646 876 9923
+1 301 715 8592
+1 312 626 6799
Attendance at a live Zoom session is highly encouraged!
Applications are now closed. Join our email list to learn about upcoming program dates and other JVS events.
A Few of Our Instructors
Healthcare Program Coordinator
Regina is an experienced college professor with a master’s degree in research of psychology. She is a San Francisco native who comes from a low socioeconomic status and is dedicated to helping others achieve their career goals. Regina is a firm believer that when people put their minds to something positive, they are capable of achieving amazing things.
Live Virtual Classroom Training:
November 2nd , 2020 – January 15th, 2021
Winter Break: December 21st, 2020 – January 4th, 2021
Technology support may be available for participants
January 19th, 2021 – May 6th, 2021
UCSF (various San Francisco locations)
More information contact: