Medical Assistant Refresher
Are you a certified Medical Assistant looking to refresh your skills? JVS is teaming up with Kaiser Permanente San Francisco to offer a no-cost Medical Assistant Refresher training. Participants will revitalize their skills in the classroom, followed by a 6-weeks of paid work experience at Kaiser Permanente or other local healthcare employers.
The 14-Week Training Includes:
- A refresh around performing a variety of clinical procedures related to the MA scope of practice
- Clinical externship at Kaiser Permanente or other clinics in San Francisco
- Support to complete the course (individualized coaching and referral to resources)
- Instruction in job search, interview preparation, online applications and networking
- Placement assistance following the program
- Interest in a career as a Medical Assistant
- San Francisco residents preferred
- Age 18 or older
- English literacy
- Low-income or unemployed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proof of valid authorization to work in the United States
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program
- Ability to provide current medical exams and immunizations records
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
What job seekers are saying:
“This training helped me regain my confidence and belief that I have the potential to work as a medical assistant. It helped me grow professionally and personally as well. After completing the training, I am now confident that I have all of the tools and skills I need to become a successful MA at any hospital.” –Carla, John Muir Health Medical Assistant Refresher Alum
Applications for the Medical Assistant Refresher program are now closed.
A Few of Our Instructors
Michelle has 20 years of experience as a technology trainer. She is a certified CASAS eTests Online Coordinator and Microsoft Office Specialist. As an avid online learner, she has earned several certificates from Lynda.com and Coursera.org-UC San Diego, including courses on effective learning assessments.
Senior Strategist, Healthcare Programs
Dorit’s work helps job seekers uncover ways to step out of their comfort zones to achieve their career goals. At JVS, Dorit develops and coordinates healthcare career pathway programs, facilitates interactive job readiness trainings and provides career coaching. She has a Masters of Public Health from the City University of New York and has 15+ years of experience leading programs that address social and economic inequities in the United States and internationally.
September 9 – 10, 2021
Online and in Oakland
September 13 – September 17, 2021
September 20 – October 1, 2021
October 12 – October 22, 2021
Externships in San Francisco:
October 24 – December 17, 2021