Medical Assistant Refresher
Are you a certified Medical Assistant looking to refresh your skills? JVS is your connection to training and employment at the Bay Area’s top hospital systems and clinics – Kaiser Permanente, John Muir Health, Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation and more. The cohort beginning in September 2018 will partner with Kaiser Permanente in San Francisco.
Our free full-time courses for Medical Assistants offer classroom instruction, one-on-one support, opportunities for paid internships and support in finding employment. You will hone your clinical skills as well as learn and practice communication and other workplace skills that will set you apart from other candidates.
- clinical skills, such as taking vitals, injections and medical math
- patient communication and customer service skills
- critical thinking for problem solving and prioritization
- ways to thrive in team-based work environments
- review of scope of practice, HIPAA and other healthcare protocols
For your job search, you’ll also gain:
- a new job search and networking strategy
- job search, interviewing, online application and networking skills instruction
- one-on-one job search and placement assistance, as well as general support in completing our course
- San Francisco residents preferred
- graduate of an approved Medical Assistant program
- current certification in CPR/Basic Life Support
- proof of valid authorization to work in the United States
- ability to provide current medical exams and immunization records
- ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- high school diploma or equivalent degree
What job seekers are saying:
“This training helped me regain my confidence and belief that I have potential to work as a medical assistant. It helped me grow professionally and personally as well. After completing the training, I am now confident that I have all of the tools and skills I need to become a successful MA at any hospital.” –Carla, John Muir Health Medical Assistant Refresher Alum
Medical Assistant Refresher
Kaiser Permanente program: Sep. 17 – Dec. 18, 2018. Apply by July 30th.
A Few of Our Instructors
Michelle has 20 years of experience as a technology trainer. She is a certified CASAS eTests Online Coordinator and Microsoft Office Specialist. As an avid online learner, she has earned several certificates from Lynda.com and Coursera.org-UC San Diego, including courses on effective learning assessments.
Aché is a dynamic leader, trainer and Fulbright Scholar who has partnered with global organizations to promote innovative change and leadership in business, education and healthcare. Aché has a keen eye for decoding the hidden possibilities in problems. Aché has leveraged her skills and experience into training multiple cycles of JVS’s Medical Administrative Assistant program with UCSF and has witnessed successful career placements that not only change lives, but transforms generations.
Medical Assistant Refresher with Kaiser Permanente
Dates: Sep. 17 – Dec 18, 2018
Time Commitment: 12 weeks includes externship for those who successfully complete classroom training
Location: JVS San Francisco, 225 Bush St. Suite 400 – West Lobby
Partial Pre-requisites: Certificate of Completion from an accredited Medical Assisting program; High School diploma or equivalent
Employer Partner: Kaiser Permanente in San Francisco
Cost: Varies, depending on transportation costs