Office Administration Bootcamp – with QuickBooks
Are you looking for work in an office, but need to know more about accounting? This free, 5-week bootcamp is perfect for people who are comfortable in Microsoft Office, but want to add QuickBooks to their skillset for positions like Office Manager/Administrator or Accounting Assistant. All participants will have the opportunity to take the QuickBooks certification exam at the end of the course. You‘ll update your job search skills while also getting the technical skills you need to compete for your next office job.
- QuickBooks, a widely-used accounting software
- the basics of other commonly used office and accounting software (Microsoft Office, Google Drive) and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- the basics of the online learning platform Lynda.com
For your job search, you’ll also gain:
- strategic job search and networking strategy
- a powerful personal brand, including your resume, LinkedIn profile and pitch
- a supportive group of fellow job seekers to share resources and learning techniques
- access to employer presentations, resume reviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you’re employed
- the program is designed for people who have been unemployed for 6 months or more or are underemployed (we encourage all job seekers to apply, and we’ll be in touch if you’re a good fit)
- eligible to work in the United States
- at least 1 year work/volunteer experience in an office environment
- GED or high school diploma
- 18 years old or older
- English literacy
- not previously placed in the Control Group for the Department of Labor’s study. JVS is no longer participating in the random assignment lottery. However, if you applied for a JVS Technology Training program prior to March 27, 2018, and were placed in the Control Group, you remain ineligible for this training. If you are unsure if you are in the Control Group, you may email us before applying to this program.
What Participants are Saying
Office Administration Bootcamp – With QuickBooks
We’re not currently accepting applications for this program. Join our email list to learn of future program dates and other JVS events.
Technology Bootcamp Instructor
Stephen is an accountant and educator. He’s passionate about helping clients find joy in accounting and bookkeeping through making finances exciting and accessible. Stephen is certified in nonprofit accounting and has worked in finance for 10 years. He holds a B.A. in Geography from Middlebury College.
Technology Bootcamp Instructor
Jonathan is a career coach and workshop facilitator. He’s passionate about guiding clients through their career transitions by supporting a process of self-discovery, job market readiness and hard work. Jonathan is certified as a counselor and is also a CPA. He holds a B.S. in Accounting & Business/Management and a B.A. in Sustainability Studies from the University of Florida.
Program Dates: May 24 – June 29, 2018
Orientation: May 24, 11am – 3pm
Week 1: May 29 – June 1, T-F, 9:30am-4:30pm
Week 2-5: M, T, Th, 9:30am-4:30pm
Location: JVS San Francisco, 225 Bush St. West Wing
Topics: QuickBooks, computer skills, polished self-presentation, job search strategy, learning and growth mindset
Includes: Opportunity to take QuickBooks certification exam