QuickBooks Certification Training for Office Admins
Are you looking for work in an office, but need to know more about bookkeeping? This free, 6-week course is perfect for people who want to add QuickBooks to their skill set for positions like Accounting Assistant, Bookkeeper and general office support roles. You’ll learn bookkeeping fundamentals, technical skills, and by the end of the course, you’ll be prepared to pass the QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification. Along the way, you’ll develop the job search skills you need to successfully land a good, career-path job in an office environment.
- QuickBooks, a widely-used accounting software
- bookkeeping fundamentals, Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- the basics of the online learning platform LinkedIn Learning
For your job search, you’ll also gain:
- strategic job search and networking strategy
- a powerful personal brand, including your resume, LinkedIn profile and pitch
- a supportive group of fellow job seekers to share resources and learning techniques
- resume reviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you’re employed
- the program is designed for people who have been unemployed for 6 months or more or are underemployed (we encourage all job seekers to apply, and we’ll be in touch if you’re a good fit)
- eligible to work in the United States
- at least 1 year work/volunteer experience in an office environment
- comfortable with Microsoft Office
- GED or high school diploma
- 18 years old or older
- English literacy
- not previously placed in the Control Group for the Department of Labor’s study. JVS is no longer participating in the random assignment lottery. However, if you applied for a JVS Technology Training program prior to March 27, 2018, and were placed in the Control Group, you remain ineligible for this training. If you are unsure if you are in the Control Group, you may email us before applying to this program.
What Participants are Saying
QuickBooks Certification for Office Admins
We’re not currently accepting applications for this program. Join our email list to learn about future program dates and other events.
Job Search Instructor
Jonathan is a career coach and workshop facilitator. He’s passionate about guiding clients through their career transitions by supporting a process of self-discovery, job market readiness and hard work. Jonathan is certified as a counselor and is also a CPA. He holds a B.S. in Accounting & Business/Management and a B.A. in Sustainability Studies from the University of Florida.
Sue has over 15 years of practical hands-on experience in accounting. She spends most of her time consulting with clients about QuickBooks matters, including training, analysis, and integration. She has helped many clients with complex tax and accounting issues and enjoys seeing clients grow their top-line revenue or bottom-line results. Sue has been a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor since 2008 in all versions: Online, Desktop, Mac, Enterprise, and POS. She holds a B.S. in finance & business/management from the Lundquist College of Business at the University of Oregon.
September 9 – October 17, 2019
Orientation: Wed, September 4 1:00 – 4:30 pm
Week 1: M – F 9:30 am – 4:00pm
Week 2: M – Th 9:30 am – 4:00pm
Week 3: M, Tu, Th 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Week 4: Wed, Th, F 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Week 5 – 6: M, Tu, Th 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Location: JVS San Francisco, 225 Bush St., Ste. 4, West Lobby
Topics: QuickBooks, bookkeeping fundamentals, polished self-presentation, job search strategy, learning and growth mindset
Includes: Opportunity to take QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification exam