QuickBooks Certification Training for Office Admins
PLEASE NOTE: JVS is continuing to monitor the current situation regarding COVID-19. If our offices have not reopened by the program start date, we may need to delay the start date of the program or shift the program to an online format.
Are you looking for work in an office, but need to know more about bookkeeping? This free, 7-week course is perfect for people who want to add QuickBooks to their skill set for positions like accounting assistant, bookkeeper and general office support roles. You’ll learn bookkeeping fundamentals, technical skills, and by the end of the course, you’ll be prepared to pass the QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification. Along the way, you’ll develop the job search skills you need to successfully land a good, career-path job in an office environment.
- QuickBooks, a widely-used accounting software
- bookkeeping fundamentals, Google Suite and Microsoft Excel
- a strategy for your job search and networking
- how to create a powerful job search portfolio, including your professional narrative, resume & LinkedIn profile
- how to present yourself to employers through resume reviews & mock interviews
For your job search, you’ll also gain:
- a strategic job search and networking strategy
- a powerful personal brand, including your resume, LinkedIn profile and pitch
- a supportive group of fellow job seekers to share resources and learning techniques
- resume reviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you’re employed
- unemployed or underemployed
- authorized to work in the United States
- 1+ year work or volunteer experience in an office environment
- comfortable with Microsoft Office
- high school diploma or GED
- 18 years old or older
- English literacy
What Participants are Saying
Applications are now closed. Join our email list to learn about upcoming program dates and other JVS events.
QuickBooks Program Coordinator
Mike recruits participants for our QuickBooks program and provides outreach services to community partners. He coordinates with instructors on course content and classroom management, and advises JVS clients on career options. Mike will also take on the co-facilitator role in our JSA Chart Your Course program. Prior to working in the Technology Programs department at JVS, Mike was a career coach at Upwardly Global.
More information to come about the weekly course schedule.
May 12 – June 25, 2020
*Weekly schedules listed on the QuickBooks application
Location: JVS San Francisco, 225 Bush St., Ste. 400, West Lobby
Topics: QuickBooks, bookkeeping fundamentals, polished self-presentation, job search strategy, learning and growth mindset
Includes: Opportunity to take QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Certification exam