Are you a Certified Phlebotomist (CPT-1) looking to refresh your skills? JVS is your connection to training and employment at the Bay Area’s top hospital systems and clinics – Kaiser Permanente, John Muir Health, Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation and more. The cohort beginning in September 2018 will partner with Kaiser Permanente in San Francisco.
Our free full-time course for Certified Phlebotomists offers classroom instruction, one-on-one support, opportunities for paid internships and support in finding employment. You will hone your clinical skills as well as learn and practice communication and other workplace skills that will set you apart from other candidates.
- Over 180 hours of theoretical, skills lab and clinical practice experience at JVS
- A paid clinical externship at Kaiser Permanente’s San Francisco locations
- Support to complete the course (individualized coaching and referral to resources)
- Job search, interviewing, online application, and networking skills instruction; as well as placement assistance.
- Refreshed skills in customer service, patient-centered communication, basic computer, collaboration and critical thinking.
- San Francisco residents
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CPT-1 Certificate from an accredited California Phlebotomy Technician Program
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association
- Proof of valid authorization to work in the U.S.
- Able to provide clear and current medical exams and immunization records
We’re not currently accepting applications for this program. Join our email list to learn of future program dates and other JVS events.
A Few of Our Instructors
Michelle has 20 years of experience as a technology trainer. She is a certified CASAS eTests Online Coordinator and Microsoft Office Specialist. As an avid online learner, she has earned several certificates from Lynda.com and Coursera.org-UC San Diego, including courses on effective learning assessments.
Aché is a dynamic leader, trainer and Fulbright Scholar who has partnered with global organizations to promote innovative change and leadership in business, education and healthcare. Aché has a keen eye for decoding the hidden possibilities in problems. Aché has leveraged her skills and experience into training multiple cycles of JVS’s Medical Administrative Assistant program with UCSF and has witnessed successful career placements that not only change lives, but transforms generations.
Dates: Sept. 17 – Dec. 18, 2018
Time Commitment: 12 weeks – 8:00am – 6:00pm
Partial Pre-requisites: This program is for applicants who already have a Phlebotomy Certificate (CPT-1) – you must have proof of earning the CPT-1 certificate from a California Certified Phlebotomy Technician program to apply to this refresher.
Employer Partner: Kaiser Permanente
Cost: Varies, depending on transportation costs