Practice Coordinator Training Program
University of California San Francisco (UCSF) and Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) have launched a Practice Coordinator program that provides the training that supports a pathway to employment in the field of healthcare administration at UCSF. The Practice Coordinator is primarily responsible for representing the administrative team as the public face of the Practice and works closely with the administrative clinical and management teams to support practice operations and customer service recovery and intervention efforts. The training will provide participants with the opportunity to learn valuable skills such as APeX, customer service and other vital health care support training. Successful completion of the training program allows participants the opportunity to interview and engage with UCSF Staff. However, employment is not guaranteed upon being selected as a participant.
Practice Coordinator provides the following:
- 4 weeks of live virtual classroom training: Healthcare administration, emotional intelligence, basic medical terminology, panel management, email and phone etiquette, job search, interviewing, and resume writing (provided by JVS and SFSU-CEL)*
- 16-week paid Practice Coordinator Academy: 40 hours/week at UCSF at $23.74/hour
- Ongoing support throughout the duration of the program
- Post-program job placement assistance provided by JVS
- Technology support may be available for participants
- San Francisco Bay Area resident, 18 years or older with High School diploma/GED
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and basic office skills, and type 30 WPM
- Proficient in English, able to pass a basic office skills assessment
- Able to successfully complete the on-boarding process, including a criminal background check, occupational health clearance and a substance abuse screen
- Compliance with Covid-19 vaccination guidelines
- Be in good standing with San Francisco State University & San Francisco State University College of Extended Learning
- Customer service experience, and greeting and welcoming customers/patients
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive experience in an administrative environment
- 2-3 years of experience in the medical field, including Medical Assistant or Administrative Assistant
- Some college courses or an Associate’s Degree
For more information about the program and to meet representatives from UCSF and JVS, please attend one of the live Zoom informational sessions.
Applications are closed.
Meet Your Instructor
Coordinator II, Advancement Programs
Tera Clemons is the full-time Coordinator II, and our increased capacity is a direct result of the increased staffing she provides. Born in Kenya, she has extensive experience in health work (at Sutter Health and Kaiser, and for 10 years at 3 fertility clinics) and has attended college at British Columbia University for undergrad with a Healthcare concentration, online course planning/implementation/designing/ development and Santa Rosa Junior College for Medical Terminology, Clinical/Administrative Medical Assisting, Phlebotomy, and EKG. She has been an instructor at the Unitek College San Francisco State University of Extend Learning, as a CMA/AMA, EKG, phlebotomy, and Externship Coordinator. She dedicated her free time to local outreach says she lives for learning and helping others understand their potential, much as she needed at one point in time.
November 23, 2022
Live Virtual Classroom Training:
November 28, 2022 – December 23, 2022
UCSF Practice Coordinator Academy:
January 2 – April 17, 2023
UCSF (various San Francisco locations)
More information contact: