Due to high application volume, new applications received after 9AM on Thursday, March 15, 2018 may be placed on a wait-list.
Are you ready to advance your career with Salesforce technical skills and a new job search strategy? We’re offering a free 13-week program that combines job search training with a technical course led by a Salesforce Admin and JVS career experts.
Learn the fundamentals of the platform and the advanced technical skills you need to become a Salesforce professional. Our goal is to help you secure one of the most in-demand positions in tech across a wide range of industries.
We’re looking for people who are self-directed learners who thrive in diverse learning environments, including fast-paced classroom instruction, project-based learning and online training platforms.
Through job search training, you’ll gain:
- a new job search and networking strategy to help you find your next job
- a well-honed job target that matches your interests and background
- a powerful personal brand, including your resume, LinkedIn profile, pitch and online presence
- a supportive group of fellow job seekers to share resources and learning techniques
- access to JVS’s employer connections through panels, presentations, informational interviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you’re employed
Through in-class instruction and hands-on project-based learning, you’ll learn:
- technical skills, including customization, user management, security, business process automation, data management and real time data reporting
- how to apply best practices as a highly skilled administrator
- successful preparation techniques for the Salesforce Administrator Certification Exam (we’ll cover the cost of your exam, a $200 value) – 90% of our participants pass
- real-world applications, culminating in an opportunity for a fellowship at a Bay Area company
- program is designed for people who have been unemployed for 6 months or more or are underemployed (we encourage all job seekers to apply, and we’ll be in touch if you’re a good fit)
- eligible to work in the United States
- GED or high school diploma
- 6 months or more of relevant work/volunteer experience in a related field (examples may include business administration, sales, project management, business analysis/process work, technology, specialized industry, nonprofit)
- 18 years old or older
- English literacy
- can commit to a full-time, 13-week course
This program is funded by the federal government. The primary goal is to help people improve their skills and find and keep jobs. In order to learn what works, the federal government is conducting a study requiring every eligible person to be selected through a lottery system. Those not selected through the lottery will not be able to participate in this program or any other JVS Skills to Work in Technology or Job Search Accelerator programs, but will be able to enroll in any other JVS services or programs for which they are eligible. Veterans are exempt from the lottery.
Read more about the participation selection in our Frequently Asked Questions.
What job seekers are saying:
“The team effort by all the instructors and career specialists is what sets JVS worlds apart from other training organizations. Their curriculum for the Salesforce Administrator training and forward-thinking approach to learning led to 95% of our class passing the administrator exam. Wow!” -Deidre, Salesforce Alum
Program Dates: March 26 – June 22, 2018
A Few of Our Instructors
With over 20 years of software industry experience, Katie brings a range of expertise to the classroom and has worked as a Salesforce administrator, consultant and trainer. Katie holds an MS in Technical Communication and has a true passion for instruction and helping learners master technical subjects.
Lead Instructor, Technology Programs
Jim, a Certified Career Development Facilitator, helps people get beyond their stuck places and assists them in developing new tools and resources for personal and professional success. Previously, Jim was the Training and Logistics Manager of the San Francisco Department of Elections and the owner of Change With Purpose Coaching.
Dates: April 2 – June 29, 2018 (Orientation March 29th, 9:30am-12pm)
Time Commitment: 13 weeks: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9:30am – 4pm
Location: JVS San Francisco, 225 Bush St. Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104
Includes: Salesforce Administrator Certification
Cohort Size: 30