Are you ready to advance your career with Salesforce technical skills and a new job search strategy? We’re offering a free 13-week program that combines job search training with a technical course led by a Salesforce Admin and JVS career experts.
Learn the fundamentals of the platform and the advanced technical skills you need to become a Salesforce professional. Our goal is to help you secure one of the most in-demand positions in tech across a wide range of industries.
We’re looking for people who are self-directed learners who thrive in diverse learning environments, including fast-paced classroom instruction, project-based learning and online training platforms.
Through job search training, you’ll gain:
- a new job search and networking strategy to help you find your next job
- a well-honed job target that matches your interests and background
- a powerful personal brand, including your resume, LinkedIn profile, pitch and online presence
- a supportive group of fellow job seekers to share resources and learning techniques
- access to JVS’s employer connections through panels, presentations, informational interviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you’re employed
Through in-class instruction and hands-on project-based learning, you’ll learn:
- technical skills, including customization, user management, security, business process automation, data management and real time data reporting
- how to apply best practices as a highly skilled administrator
- successful preparation techniques for the Salesforce Administrator Certification Exam (we’ll cover the cost of your exam, a $200 value) – 90% of our participants pass
- real-world applications, culminating in an opportunity for a fellowship at a Bay Area company
- program is designed for people who have been unemployed for 6 months or more or are underemployed (we encourage all job seekers to apply, and we’ll be in touch if you’re a good fit)
- eligible to work in the United States
- GED or high school diploma
- 6 months or more of relevant work/volunteer experience in a related field (examples may include business administration, sales, project management, business analysis/process work, technology, specialized industry, nonprofit)
- 18 years old or older
- English literacy
- can commit to a full-time, 13-week course
- not previously placed in the Control Group for the Department of Labor’s study. JVS is no longer participating in the random assignment lottery. However, if you applied for a JVS Technology Training program prior to March 27, 2018, and were placed in the Control Group, you remain ineligible for this training. If you are unsure if you are in the Control Group, you may email us before applying to this program.
What job seekers are saying:
“The team effort by all the instructors and career specialists is what sets JVS worlds apart from other training organizations. Their curriculum for the Salesforce Administrator training and forward-thinking approach to learning led to 95% of our class passing the administrator exam. Wow!” -Deidre, Salesforce Alum
We’re not currently accepting applications for this program. Join our email list to learn of future program dates and other JVS events.
A Few of Our Instructors
Lead Instructor, Technology Programs
Jim, a Certified Career Development Facilitator, helps people get beyond their stuck places and assists them in developing new tools and resources for personal and professional success. Previously, Jim was the Training and Logistics Manager of the San Francisco Department of Elections and the owner of Change With Purpose Coaching.
Dates: April 2 – June 29, 2018 (Applications are closed.)
Time Commitment: 13 weeks: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, 9:30am – 4pm
Location: JVS San Francisco, 225 Bush St. Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94104
Includes: Salesforce Administrator Certification
Cohort Size: 30