Tech Sales Training
In partnership with SpringBoard, JVS is excited to offer a no-cost 4-6 month training program that will prepare you for a career in Technology Sales (aka Sales Development Representative or SDR). The Tech Sales training program starts on October 5, 2022 and combines a self-paced curriculum with virtual class time, which will provide participants with skill-building support, professional training, and motivational sessions. You will build a foundational knowledge of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Business-to-Business (B2B) tech sales, solving problems for clients, growing your pipeline, learning the end-to-end sales journey, understanding potential career paths and best practices for job searching, and more.
After completion of all course projects and milestones, you will be placed in a paid 2 month internship with a local company to practice your new skills. After completing your internship, you will be provided with 6 months of job search support to help you land your next job.
To learn more, join us Aug 18th at 2pm or Aug 25th at 11am for a one-hour information session where you can learn more about tech sales, the program itself and ask questions.
What is Tech Sales?
Technology sales professionals sell high-tech products and services to other businesses. They interact with clients using email, phone calls, and social media to identify needs or problems that their companies’ products can solve. They have a strong interest in technology, work well with customers, are curious, have an always learning mindset, and can describe complex things in ways people can understand and relate to.
Who should go into Tech Sales?
People with prior sales experience such as retail, auto, insurance, freelance, and more. Customer service reps and hospitality workers. High school and college graduates with an interest in technology and at least six months experience working in a job that required some sales.
Technology sales professionals are good at learning technology, researching how it works, and matching its capabilities to businesses’ needs. At work they perform well under stress and handle uncomfortable situations with excellent customer service skills. They are organized – keeping track of their communications with clients. They welcome feedback from their colleagues on how to improve their performance. In the San Francisco Bay Area, annual salaries in technology sales average $72,000.
- Hybrid learning model with 150+ hours of self-guided learning supported by weekly cohort meetings and one-on-one technical support sessions.
- Estimated 15 hours a week of self-study.
- Daily cohort class time (days and times TBD) on Zoom for interactive learning
- Optional office hours for additional support and to answer questions
- Guest speakers, networking opportunities, and job search support with fellow cohort members and employers
- Applicants from these communities are prioritized: Black, Latinx, Women, Veterans, and LGBTQ
- Reside in the San Francisco Bay Area
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum six months’ experience in a sales or customer-facing role
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- A strong interest in technology, great people skills, and always learning mindset
- Schedule that allows weekly participation in virtual classes and independently-paced learning
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- Read through the eligibility requirements and attend an informational webinar to learn more about the program. The informational webinars are on August 18 from 2-3pm or August 25 from 11-12pm
- Submit a completed application by Friday, September 9, 2022
- All applications are reviewed and those selected to move forward will be contacted to set up a short phone conversation with JVS staff. We will use this conversation to learn more about you and your interest in the program.
- If you reach the next step of the process, we will invite you to a Zoom session for a skills assessment.
- As a final step, SpringBoard admissions counselors will contact you for a short interview.
Questions? Please contact the team at JVS: [email protected]
Applications are now closed.
Program Duration: October 5, 2022 – March 2023
Informational webinars: August 18 2-3pm and August 25 11-12pm
Application deadline: Friday, September 9, 2022
Notice of acceptance: You will be notified by September 30
Program Orientation: October 5, 2022