Technology Training Scholarships
Are you a self-starter ready to update your tech skills and re-launch your career? As a pilot program, JVS is offering limited scholarships for eligible and qualified individuals to combine technical training from one of our exceptional training partners and job search support from a JVS Career Advisor.
To get started, fill out a short application – we’ll assess your fit for the scholarship by learning more about your career background, target job and the type of training you’re interested in. If you’re a good fit, we’ll be in touch with next steps.
In addition to building your tech skills through one of JVS’s external training partners, you’ll also gain:
- a new job search and networking strategy
- a powerful personal brand, including your resume, LinkedIn profile, pitch and online presence
- a supportive group of fellow job seekers to share resources and learning techniques
- access to employer panels, presentations, resume reviews and mock interviews
- ongoing job search support until you’re employed
We’re looking for participants who:
- have a clear, tech-related target job, such as front-end web designer, data analyst or scrum project manager, to name just a few examples
- have transferable skills and related work experience that, when combined with skills training, make them competitive for their target job
- are self-directed learners who thrive in diverse learning environments, including fast-paced classroom instruction, project-based learning and/or online training platforms
- have the motivation and ability to take charge of their own education
- can commit to classes by the training provider and job search workshops and coaching sessions at JVS, or by phone, when appropriate
- This program is designed for people who have been unemployed for 6 months or more or are underemployed; however, we encourage all job seekers to apply.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States.
This program is funded by the federal government. The primary goal is to help people improve their skills and find and keep jobs. In order to learn what works, the federal government is conducting a study requiring every eligible person to be selected through a lottery system. Those not selected through the lottery will not be able to participate in this program or any other JVS Skills to Work in Technology or Job Search Accelerator programs, but will be able to enroll in any other JVS services or programs for which they are eligible. Veterans are exempt from the lottery.
Read more about the participation selection in our Frequently Asked Questions.
A Few of Our Career Advisors
Jessica is a National Career Development Association (NCDA) Certified Career Services Provider with experience in project management, training, and coaching. She enjoys sharing her project planning expertise when meeting with job seekers and empowering them to move beyond their “overwhelm freeze” to take control of their journey and achieve their goals. Jessica is currently pursuing her Masters in Integrative Wellness Coaching.
Prior to retiring from state service, Richard managed a counseling program for the State Bar of California. His program provided services to lawyers seeking to transition out of the legal profession and into a related field where they could effectively apply their training and skills. As a JVS Career Advisor, Richard applies what he learned working with attorneys to helping guide people through their job search process.
Time Commitment: 4-10 weeks
Sample Training: web development, data science, user experience, graphic design, product management, coding