FAQ – Job Search Accelerator
What happens after I apply?
Within 48 business hours of submitting your application, you will be contacted via email regarding next steps.
What is underemployed?
The definition of underemployed is someone who lost their job during or after the recent recession and have obtained only episodic, short-term or part-time employment but have not yet reconnected with a full-time job commensurate with the individual’s level of education, skills and previous wage or salary earned prior to the individual’s loss of permanent employment.
What is covered in the 36-hour, in-person training?
- develop compelling career narratives and accomplishment stories to market your strengths, skills and experience on your LinkedIn profile, resume and cover letter, as well as at networking events
- practice answering interview questions, such as “Tell me about yourself….” and your elevator pitch
- develop your application materials and receive feedback
- assess your application materials through the lens of a hiring manager
- engage with a supportive cohort of peer job seekers
What is the schedule?
Friday (before Week 1): Program Kick Off (9am-1pm)
Week 1: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (9am-4pm)
Week 2: Monday, Wednesday (9am-4pm) and Friday (9am-1pm)
Ongoing: Register to attend a weekly “Chart Your Course” meeting with fellow job seekers and guest speakers
What outcomes can I expect from the Job Search Accelerator?
By the end of the program, you will have:
- developed and followed a customized job search action plan
- polished your application materials, prepped for interviews and practiced your elevator pitch
- identified and researched target employers
- developed a strong professional network
- adopted a learning and growth mindset during your job search
- accessed online learning to advance soft and technical skills (e.g., communication skills, project management, Microsoft Office, Google products)
Who can I contact with questions?