Healthcare Heroes Bootcamp
Calling all healthcare heroes! San Francisco needs you NOW. Are you an allied healthcare worker who’s unemployed or underemployed? Do you need to get a job ASAP? Our free Healthcare Heroes Bootcamp will improve your job search skills, build emotional intelligence, link you to healthcare employers, and help get you back to work.
Our new Healthcare Heroes Bootcamp provides healthcare job seekers with:
• A complete resume, reviewed by Healthcare Employment Specialists
• Interview tips and practice with peers and professionals
• Workplace skills coveted by healthcare employers
• Professional job search support
- Age 18 or older by March 1st, 2020
- SF residents
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Credentials, certificate and/or proof of training or experience in an allied healthcare occupation (such as Medical Assistant, Medical Receptionist, CNA, Community Health Worker, Phlebotomist, Dental Assistant)
- Interest in returning to work in an entry-level healthcare career
- Commitment to participating in the entire workshop and applying for healthcare jobs
- Computer and internet access
- Basic computer skills (internet navigation and typing)
- Applicants must submit completed applications in order to be considered
- Eligible applicants will participate in a remote interview and take basic computer skills test
Contact Alicia Velez-Rivers with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are now closed. Join our email list to learn about upcoming program dates and other JVS events.
A Few of Our Instructors
Michelle has 20 years of experience as a technology trainer. She is a certified CASAS eTests Online Coordinator and Microsoft Office Specialist. As an avid online learner, she has earned several certificates from Lynda.com and Coursera.org-UC San Diego, including courses on effective learning assessments.
Senior Strategist, Healthcare Programs
Dorit’s work helps job seekers uncover ways to step out of their comfort zones to achieve their career goals. At JVS, Dorit develops and coordinates healthcare career pathway programs, facilitates interactive job readiness trainings and provides career coaching. She has a Masters of Public Health from the City University of New York and has 15+ years of experience leading programs that address social and economic inequities in the United States and internationally.
March 8 – March 19, 2021
Monday – Friday 9am – 12pm
Remote online class