FAQs for Kohn Summer Interns
Who is eligible for the Kohn Summer Intern Program?
- Jewish undergraduates who have completed at least one year of college
- Students eager to launch their careers after college
- Individuals in good academic standing with demonstrated leadership skills
- Residents of San Francisco, Marin, the East Bay, the Peninsula, and Sonoma county
- Applicants who identify as Jews of color and/or LGBTQ are encouraged to apply
Is this a paid internship?
Interns earn up to $3,400.
What types of internships are available?
All placements are with Jewish nonprofit organizations and projects will vary depending on the skills of the interns and needs of the organizations.
Examples of past areas of work are:
- Direct service with youth or the elderly
- Marketing, public relations and social media
- Writing and Editing
- Nonprofit fundraising
- Curriculum and program development
How are interns placed in their internships?
JVS staff will match interns with Jewish nonprofit organizations and positions according to the applicant’s expressed areas of professional interest and skills and the needs of the organizations. JVS cannot guarantee placement at specific work sites as each year different organizations host Kohn interns.
Contact our Jewish Community Outreach Coordinator, Jessie Austin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.