Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
JVS is seeking a temp-to-perm Accounting Manager, who under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Technology Training Programs, will collaborate with small businesses to understand and meet bookkeeping needs.
The scope of the Accounting Manager role includes, but is not limited to:
- Overseeing and leading the bookkeeping intern program.
- Developing interns to build hands-on, transferrable skills and experience to job search
Details of Position
- This is a limited- term engagement with the possibility of transition to a regular, full-time role
- Position is 100% remote
- Salary starting at $80k with benefits offered when converted to regular, full-time status
- 7+ years of full-charge bookkeeping experience, with clients in diverse industries
- Experience creating financial reports, helping business owners interpret financial results, filing sales tax, payroll, and other regular business operations reports
- Solid bookkeeping skills- AR, AP, General Ledger, Chart of Accounts
- Experience with QuickBooks ideally online version
- Good communication skills and personality- will be interfacing with both small business owners and guiding the interns
- Experience teaching, coaching and facilitating learning environments
- Organizational skills- needs to coordinate meetings with small businesses and the individual interns
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Experience with QuickBooks Pro Advisor
- Comfortable coding bank data from feed
- History of responsibility for full cycle accounting duties
- Experience coding and entering vendor bills & expenses
- Process accounts receivable, including invoicing clients and customers
- Preparing bank deposits
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Culturally and racially diverse applicants encouraged to apply. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.