Title: Assistant Reviewer
Position Type: Full-time
Location: San Francisco, CA/remote
Compensation: $60,000-$65,000 depending on experience
The Institute for Curriculum Services (ICS) seeks a detail-oriented, organized, and collegial Assistant Reviewer to join the ICS Review Team. You will assist with the writing and production of reviews concerning digital social studies instructional materials for accuracy on Judaism, Jews, Jewish history and Israel. In addition, you will spearhead the assessment of the impact of ICS reviews, checking publishers’ implementation of ICS-requested edits, and writing follow-up reviews. You will track impact data and conduct research as needed. This position reports to the Deputy Director.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about ICS’s mission of improving accuracy of Jewish content in K-12 public education
- A clear, concise, and compelling writer, and a strong copy editor and proofreader
- Extremely detail-oriented while being efficient and productive
- Driven to achieve and produce high quality work
- Eager to help those around you, flexible, friendly, and a team player
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in History, Education, Jewish Studies, or other related field preferred
- Knowledge of Judaism and Jewish history from ancient times to the present, including the Arab-Israeli conflict and peace process
- Experience in either the classroom in K-12 public school education or in K-12 educational publishing
- A very keen eye for identifying when information is or may be inaccurate or biased, or when key information is omitted, and the research and analytical skills to verify
- Great organizational skills and the ability to balance and work on multiple projects at the same time
- Experience in persuasive writing and editing, preferably geared towards middle and high school audiences. Experience in reviewing or writing curriculum materials is a plus
- Strong knowledge of and comfort in word processing, (Microsoft Office, Google Docs) and using Cloud document management (Box or similar),
- Experience with digital instructional materials, online learning, or social studies curricula a plus.
- Passionate about the work that we do
- A small, collaborative, intellectually curious, warm, and upbeat team
- We celebrate and appreciate the contributions of all of our team members and seek talented and personable individuals to join us.
Please send your cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line to: Bella Ben-Shach, Deputy Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include in your cover letter where you saw this posting.
Note: Due to the anticipated volume of responses, ICS will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
ICS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities.