Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
The Bookkeeping and Accounting Internship Program Manager onboards small businesses to understand and meet their business needs. Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, Technology Programs, the Accounting Manger oversees and leads the bookkeeping interns in undertaking the bookkeeping services.
* Position is temporarily remote with expectations to return to San Francisco based in-person work in 2021
- Work collaboratively with the Bookkeeping Coordinator, the Bookkeeping Instructor and the Assistant Director of Technology/JSA Training to identify areas of strength and weakness in current Bookkeeping program execution and delivery of services
- Manage cohort of bookkeeping interns to complete the reconciliation work in a timely manner
- Lead interns through the entire bookkeeping cycle of needs assessment, reconciliations, coding expenses to QuickBooks, reports generation and forecasting.
- Meet with interns in small groups and 1 on 1’s to work in the books of small businesses to promote learning and skill building.
- Provide guidance and continuous feedback to interns; address issues in a timely, constructive way
- Provide support to interns in developing practical, hands on skills in order to be competitive for bookkeeping roles after the program
- Initiate continuous improvement based on evaluations from interns and small businesses
Minimum Competencies & Qualifications
- 7+ years of full-charge bookkeeping experience with clients from a variety of industries such as retail, professional services, hospitality, education, nonprofit, etc.
- Experience setting up and maintaining books, creating financial reports, helping business owners interpret financial results, filing sales tax, payroll, and other regular business operations reports
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills
- 3-5 years of experience demonstrating excellent customer service and relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines and objectives
- Ability to manage and engage multiple stakeholders in a timely and professional way
- Experience in leading teams to implement projects and fulfill program objectives
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele
- Proficiency working with Microsoft, Salesforce and Google Drive
- Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor
To apply, click HERE
What We Offer
- Salary starting at $80K
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, perception of national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.
JVS values intersectional racial equity and strives to center people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other communities that experience marginalization.