Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
Under supervision and in collaboration with the Client Services Manager, the Client Services Coordinator supports a number of matrixed areas of work within JVS, including the JVS client experience, training client-facing staff, and providing direct client support and supporting other staff to manage client concerns.
Community Partner Engagement
- Provide relationship management by identifying and working with organizations with potential referral relationship pipelines.
- Assist with community partner and resource referral landscape analysis and communicate the information to clients and team members.
- Participate in the cultivation of strong relationships with government agencies, training providers, community-based organizations, and other stakeholders.
Client Experience & Client Support
- Responsible for providing client support upon request and when issues arise; apply client work protocol policies including warning, suspension, and termination procedures when appropriate.
- Respond to inquiries and coordinate offsite orientations from community partners and other stakeholders about JVS services.
- Work across departments to measure and improve client experience from recruitment through retention
- Support process of developing agency wide alum/career retention services
- Provide virtual and in-person management of the inquiry emails, calls, or walk-ins. This may include supporting the inquiry directly or forwarding to the appropriate staff member.
Cross Agency Program Support
- Troubleshoot, maintain and/or co-create cross-agency systems critical to supporting the client experience.
- In collaboration with the Program Staff and the Finance Department, responsible for Employer Training Panel (ETP) contract data collection.
- Collaborate internally to co-create and manage data collection systems to effectively capture client experience data and co-develop ways for programs to integrate client experience data into decision making.
- Manages and updates JVS resource and referral information in centralized location
- In collaboration with program teams and Marketing, keep client facing documents updated
- Supports Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) re-certification
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, performance-oriented environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to be approachable and keep good composure, and to be able to respond to, and interact with, staff during all business hours in a normal work week.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make sound and timely decisions are required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience, diplomacy, and tact. Ability and commitment to providing support and strong customer service to staff and clients in challenging situations.
- Commitment to professional development in case management and coaching methodologies.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) or similar programs, relational databases (such as Salesforce.com), and Internet research abilities.
- A passion for the JVS mission.
To apply for the Client Services Coordinator position, click HERE.
What we offer
- Salary starting at $60k
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical and dental plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities and $250 work-from-home stipend
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
JVS values intersectional racial equity and strives to center people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other communities that experience marginalization.