At Congregation Emanu-El, we believe that Judaism guides us on our journey to be better people, create stronger community, and repair the world. We are searching for the right person to help us communicate the many ways we carry out this vision, and to ensure that all our communications and marketing materials reflect and uphold it.
Congregation Emanu-El seeks a creative, tech-savvy and motivated Communications and Marketing Associate. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to create fresh and innovative content that not only informs but generates excitement about the Temple for current members, potential members and the larger community. Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in new media and a keen sense of design are essential. Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills are required. Design, layout and video experience are a plus.
The Communications and Marketing Associate will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager, clergy, and other staff to ensure that all of the congregation’s internal and external communications and marketing are consistent, engaging, accurate, and advance organizational priorities.
- Update Temple website as needed using WordPress
- Keep Temple website calendar up-to-date using WordPress and Salesforce
- Format and send congregation-wide email newsletters using Marketing Cloud or similar marketing automation platform like MailChimp, Constant Contact, Pardot, etc.
- Respond to communications department requests
- Create posters, flyers and other graphics as needed using Adobe Creative Suite
- Upload sermons, services and other recordings to appropriate channels
- Gather analytics from social media and livestream dashboard as needed
- Assist with social media scheduling, planning and content
- Assist with publishing process for the Chronicle (in-house magazine) each month
- Other graphics, analytics, or editing projects as needed
- Occasionally moderate Friday night Shabbat livestream comments (6:00 – 7:00 pm PT)
- Light audio or video editing as needed (willing to train; previous experience a plus)
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills with a keen attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and initiatives concurrently
- A team player, but able to work independently and accurately when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years’ experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in CRM/database systems (Salesforce preferred), Marketing Cloud (or other marketing automation system like Pardot or MailChimp), Microsoft Office 365, WordPress, and software programs including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Experience with Premiere Pro or Final Cut a plus.
Benefits and Salary
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible benefits plan, 403b employer match and help paying student loans.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: MarComJob@emanuelsf.org
Congregation Emanu-El is the fifth largest Jewish Reform congregation in the United States, with approximately 1800 households, and is the oldest Jewish congregation west of the Mississippi. Officially established in 1850, and located in a landmark temple in San Francisco, Emanu-El serves as a foundation of community life for Jews and non-Jews, for members and non-members, with innovative programs in worship, community and education that span the cycles and events of life.