Founded in 1950, St. Anthony’s provides food, clothing, shelter, medical care, technology access, addiction recovery services, job training, and other critical resources to people experiencing homelessness and extreme poverty. Every day, with dignity and respect, we support and are supported by thousands of San Franciscans. Join us in creating a future where all people flourish.
Under the direct supervision of the Resource Center Program Manager, this position’s main goal is to address guests’ needs by providing social service delivery that includes case management, payee services, information referrals, and individual problem solving. The Community Case Manager must demonstrate in their performance adherence to established policies and procedures exhibiting the defined characteristics associated with attendance and punctuality.
- Conduct initial screening, intakes, needs assessment, and service plans.
- Maintain an electronic file to document all case work (i.e., progress notes).
- Assist clients in filing for benefits and other eligible services.
- Provide Payee services to ongoing guests.
- Complete Rental Assistance applications as assigned.
- Provide direct services in an equitable manner and be good stewards of the organization’s charity grant resources.
- Attend case conferences regarding guests, or arrange same as needed (to include other St Anthony Foundation (SAF) work units and/or outside agencies).
- Work with existing resources within St. Anthony's and in the community in a cooperative/collaborative manner to deliver the best services possible to program clients and to serve as an advocate for the guests at all times.
- Assist in planning, developing, and implementing case management procedures and other related guidelines and policies.
- Attend and participate in required trainings and meetings.
- Enter assessments, guest data, and progress notes into a centralized data collection system.
- Adhere to all other documentation and reporting requirements of the program in a timely manner.
- Engage in the process of interacting and doing outreach with Dining Room Guests and guests of other programs.
- Assist in training and instructing new social workers, interns and volunteers.
- Engage in creative problem solving to ensure guests’ needs are optimally met.
- Adhere to the guidelines of the St. Anthony Foundation Safety Program.
- Other tasks as assigned by the RC Manager.
- Three or more years of demonstrated experience in social service work, preferably with low income or homeless populations, persons with mental health, substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, etc. Case management background essential.
- BA or equivalent experience desired. MSW preferred but not required.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member with clients, volunteers and other staff.
- Ability to set appropriate limits and behavioral boundaries.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as cohesively with a team.
- Knowledge of SF/Bay Area social service resources or resourcefulness to acquire same is desired.
- Commitment to the St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values and a desire to work for a social service agency that serves the poor and homeless populations.
- Computer literate in Windows, MS Office.
- Strong oral and written communication skills desired.
Bilingual candidates and candidates with lived experience similar to our target population encouraged to apply.
St. Anthony’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.