Clever is the fastest-growing product in K-12 education, depended on by over 500+ software companies and over half of America's schools. These organizations rely on Clever to put the best software in the hands of over 20 million students every day. Clever's job is to make this task incredibly simple, despite the complex legacies of the school system. This particular role will focus on the Clever Library which enables educators to discover, try, and review new edtech.
Before the Clever Library, teachers struggled to have their voice heard in the selection and purchase of curriculum and tools that are working in their classrooms. In your role, you’ll be at the forefront of our efforts to transform how schools discover, try, and then purchase new digital resources. This isn’t traditional cold calling: your role will be to leverage new tools aggregating organic teacher demand and then to help decision makers analyze and broker more informed conversations with edtech innovators.
You’re a capable business development rep, with a track record of hitting ambitious quotas. You’re excited to apply your skills to a consultative approach with school and district administrators and are not afraid of jumping right in with early stage products that are quick to evolve. You excel at deep discovery to find need, learning quickly, and clear communication.
Though this role is a temporary contracting role, depending on the success of this strategy, it has the potential to be a contract-to-hire.
- Engage school and district administrators to expand awareness about their edtech usage, educate, ask for referrals to others in their org, identify new opportunities and develop account intelligence
- Analyze usage and engagement data in order to identify leads to convert to opportunities
- Schedule appointments and demos for partnered Library applications
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email with decision makers at the school and district
- Act as the subject matter expert on our partnered product offerings
- Follow up on scheduled appointments and effectively hand off opportunities to partners
- Iterate on sales playbooks and experiment with new, creative techniques to find what works best
You Should Have:
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools: LinkedIn, GSuite, Salesforce
- Capability of understanding customer pain points, requirements and correlating potential business to value that can be provided by edtech applications
- Strong and professional communication skills -- written, verbal, presentation
- Aptitude to manage numerous requests and time demands concurrently, while achieving ambitious goals
- Promotes a strong sense of urgency for reaching goals and key deliverables. Acts without being told what to do
- Brings new ideas to the team to iterate/optimize on sales development playbook
- Drive, team oriented: strong desire to compete and win
- Understanding of the education technology ecosystem is a plus