JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing Intern
REPORTS TO: Renaissance (East Bay) Program Manager
HOURS REQUIRED: 5-15 hours per week, 3 months commitment minimum
POSITION LOCATION: Richmond, California (this will be a remote internship)
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization
working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. At our
offices and remote program sites, we deliver high-quality business training support services to
socially and economically diverse men and women starting and expanding microenterprises.
The Digital Marketing Intern will work directly with the Program Manager and Client Success
Coordinator, to assist with marketing of the Renaissance East Bay site. Main responsibilities will
include coordinating, building, and posting marketing material; maintaining and updating the
EastBay page on the website; creating and posting pre-approved social media posts and
monthly newsletters; and working with alumni students to obtain quotes for marketing efforts
among other tasks.
Specific duties include:
● Design monthly newsletter and send bi-weekly emails to subscribers in Constant Contact
● Create promotional material for classes, workshops, and events such as digital banners
for event pages, flyers and social media graphics designed in Canva.
● Post and promote classes weekly on Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin.
● Design short videos for social media platforms to promote classes or alumni products.
● Design Alumni directories to promote products based on industry
● Interview and obtain quotes from alumni students and convert to marketing pieces.
● Input client data into our outcome tracking database, as needed
● Learn marketing techniques and strategies
● Follow Renaissance Brand Guidelines
● Assist staff with various other projects, as needed
● Enrolled in BS/ BA in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
● 3.0 GPA or higher
● Social media savvy
● Enjoys creating graphics - has a keen eye for design
● Excellent organizational skills, including attention to precise details
● Strong multitasking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Highly motivated and can work independently
● Able to work in a team environment and coordinate effectively with other staff
● Knowledge of Google Suite (docs, sheets, form, etc.), Microsoft Excel and Word
● Bilingual English/Spanish/Portuguese a plus
This is a non-paid position. Interns are welcome to attend our courses for free.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to
race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, sexual orientation and physical abilities.