Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transform lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
Under supervision and in collaboration with the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications provides strategic vision and operational oversight to JVS’s brand and communications. This position oversees the Marketing team and communications systems and processes. Responsibilities include building and cultivating relationships for external marketing support and utilizing data-driven strategic communications to ensure high-quality marketing customer service to internal and external stakeholders. The Director of Marketing and Communications also builds and reinforces JVS’s thought leadership and public relations strategies.
- Builds and maintains brand identity (including messaging and visual assets), and leads initiatives to increase brand awareness
- Provides messaging and communications support to the agency with particular focuses on the development department, executive communications and agency events
- Provides strategic guidance and support for JVS’s thought leadership initiatives
- Oversees the website, social media and marketing campaigns, and program recruitment
- Communications and Marketing Operations and Customer Service Support
- Builds and cultivates relationships for external marketing support, including partnering with vendors (web development, graphic design and others), strategic partners (including corporate, training and CBO partners, and field influencers) and volunteer marketing committee
- Provides project management leadership for marketing initiatives from idea generation to full execution (including coaching team members in project management)
- Collaborate with inter-department leadership to develop and strengthen systems to increase efficiency and impact of marketing initiatives
Priority Audience Engagement and Messaging
- Guides targeted messaging and communications strategies for JVS’s diverse priority audiences: clients, funders, employer partners, public officials, and peer CBOs
- Ensures JVS communications are grounded in cultural humility and inclusive DEI perspectives
- Develops and executes strategies to grow all priority audiences
- 5 years’ experience in marketing and communications, including management, analytical and brand management roles; experience supporting nonprofit fundraising and/or for-profit sales
- Demonstrated experience producing and managing creative and complex online and offline communications, including writing original publications
- Experience working with, briefing and managing marketing vendors, including designers, printers, web developers and photographers.
- Experience communicating to diverse audiences, bringing inclusive DEI framework
- Broad digital marketing skills, including Google Analytics, Ads, SEO/SEM, social media, HTML, WordPress
To apply for the Director, Marketing and Communications position click HERE.
What we offer
- Salary starting at $100k
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical and dental plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities and stipend
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
JVS values intersectional racial equity and strives to center people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other communities that experience marginalization.