Summary of Position
The Director of Corporate Giving & Partnerships plays a leadership role in JVS’s Development Team and is critical to JVS’s growth and development by spearheading corporate funding efforts in support of JVS’s strategy. This role focuses on developing corporate partnerships, and securing corporate sponsorships and corporate philanthropic funding, by leveraging JVS’s premier fundraiser, the Strictly Business Awards Luncheon, as well as volunteer and program engagement opportunities. Under the supervision of the VP of Development, this position will work closely with the grants team, program staff, and the marketing team to develop and lead a strategy for increasing JVS’s corporate support.
- Reports to: Vice President of Development
- Collaborates with: JVS Staff, current and prospective corporate funders, board members and employer partners
- Supervises: The Development Manager
- Externally focused and managing to goals, this role develops and executes a comprehensive strategy for JVS’s corporate funding and partnerships
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with prospective corporate funders
- Stewards and deepens relationships with existing corporate partners
- Supports the high-level, volunteer Strictly Business Awards Luncheon Committee and collaborates with JVS staff to execute an well run event that gathers 1,000 guests to raise awareness, build new partnerships and raise critical funds to support JVS’s programs
- Works closely with internal and external partners to define and develop new funding opportunities
- Owns the $1.25M + fundraising goal for corporate partners (goal to increase this revenue by 10%+ annually)
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; strong presentation skills and strong persuasive writing skills;
- Strategic and creative thinker, able to identify mutually beneficial opportunities/partnerships and communicate them to various stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines and objectives
- Takes initiative and works collaboratively as part of a team to move projects forward in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding partnership development skills
- Strong computer proficiency
- MS Office Suite
- Relational databases/CRM
- Internet research abilities
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills; able to interact professionally with a diverse population of stakeholders, colleagues and potential or current funders
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment
- Demonstrated success in persuasive communications
- Experience prospecting and developing new relationships
- Demonstrated success in fundraising or sales
- Experience working closely with individuals from diverse backgrounds, including high net-worth individuals and corporate executives
- Supervision and management experience
- Experience securing six figure donations, sponsorships or corporate partnerships
- 7+ years of experience with non-profit fundraising or sales
- Experience with event planning
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- In collaboration with JVS Executive Management, Leadership Teams and Board members, develop strategies and tactics to sustain JVS programs through corporate support
- Oversees and executes corporate fundraising and partnership strategy
- Meets or exceeds JVS’s annual corporate fundraising goal
- Cultivates relationships with corporate foundations and corporations
- Drafts proposals and requests for support as appropriate, and in collaboration with grants team
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate donors, developing corporate profiles and meeting memos.
- Develop a strategy to effectively move companies through a pipeline, which yields deeper engagement, and increased corporate/foundation philanthropy.
- Supervision and Management
- Supervises Development Manager, providing supportive and engaged supervision and professional development.
Want to Apply? Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; Please use Director, Corporate Giving/Partnerships the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
Status and Position Information
Supervisor/Reports to: Vice President of Development
Classifications: Full-Time, Exempt
Benefits: Eligible for all benefits offered to JVS staff
Date Written/Revised: 6.24.19
Salary Range: 110K – 125K
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.