Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
JVS is seeking a Director of Evaluation and Impact who under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer will oversee the creation and maintenance of a comprehensive data system that will allow JVS to make data-informed decisions and uphold high standards for performance and outcomes. This position provides leadership and day-to-day management in the organization’s evolution toward a more data-driven culture and is responsible for the direct supervision of the Senior Manager of Data Quality and Evaluation, Salesforce Administrator and the Contract Compliance Manager. This position works in partnership with the entire Data and Evaluation team to support all of JVS’s program evaluation efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Evaluation & Organizational Learning
- Manage the design, utilization, and maintenance of JVS’s internal tracking database system, Salesforce, which supports the data information needs of all JVS programs, the Board of Directors, funders, partnering agencies, and the entire JVS organization.
- Establish comprehensive data standards, policies, and procedures to create efficient and reliable data entry systems and ensure data quality and integrity.
- Oversee the alignment of Salesforce usage and data collection methods with key indicators of success and agency outcomes as defined on agency logic models.
- Translate crucial evaluation findings into recommendations that inform and support the refinement of programs and inform key resource allocation and investment decisions.
- Work in partnership with senior leadership to promote a culture of data-driven decision making and performance management across all of JVS’s programs.
- Provide program staff with internal performance management reports that show progress toward the achievement of agency goals and outcomes.
- Initiate and maintain practices which foster a culture of learning and data-driven decision-making.
Department Operations & Staff Management
- Direct the day-to-day operations of JVS’s Data & Evaluation Department.
- Oversee the operating budgets and review monthly variance reports for all departments supervised by this role.
- Supervise directly the Senior Manager of Data Quality and Evaluation, Salesforce Administrator and Contract Compliance Manager; including training, direction of work, appraisal of productivity and efficiency, delivery of feedback and coaching, and disciplinary action, if required.
- Serve as the agency lead on all external reporting requirements to ensure program compliance with grant expectations.
- Provide accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to government and foundation funders, including the alignment of program narratives with JVS’s outputs and outcomes.
- Serve as JVS’s representative for special projects, external partnerships, and community work groups as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
The ideal candidate possesses the following;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, with at least 3 years of experience in relevant roles (e.g. program evaluation, data system administration, performance management, community-based organization positions)
- Knowledge of non-profit/social sector; experience working with underserved or disadvantaged populations is a plus
- High proficiency in effective writing and communication
- Demonstrated success in managing or overseeing research, evaluation, or performance management projects. This should include experience supervising staff, project budgeting and planning, and managing
- Ability to develop strong relationships within a fast-paced, collaborative setting that values diverse opinions; enthusiasm for helping drive change as JVS becomes a more data-driven organization
Data-Driven Evaluation, Reporting, and Monitoring
- Experience in design and modification of program logic models / theory of change models or similar planning documentation
- Knowledge of program evaluation concepts and applications; experience and/or leadership in conducting developmental, formative and summative evaluations. Understanding of and experience with organizational learning and change
- Strong technical skills in quantitative analysis with the ability to balance highly detailed information with a bigger-picture view of how it relates to larger organizational goals or issues
- Ability to translate complex data for stakeholders who have differing levels of familiarity with data
- Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Previous experience with Salesforce, PowerBI, or Tableau is preferred
- High level of attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to exercise excellent independent judgment and ownership of decisions
- Ability to work independently and self-manage to achieve goals while being a strong team player
- Ability to organize, meet deadlines and prioritize appropriately
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written)
- Willingness to learn and implement best practices in the field
- Willingness to embrace and actively support JVS’s mission and core values
What We Offer:
- Salary starting at $115k
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- $250 workstation set-up budget
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
To Apply, visit the online application HERE
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.