STAND! For Families Free of Violence is currently seeking a Director of Finance with a proven background in nonprofit finance to lead the fiscal operations and ensure the financial health of our thriving 50+ employee, $4 million+ organization.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director is a key member of our highly collaborative senior management team and leads that team in the budgeting and financial analysis activities that supports the organization’s work.
Our work is funded by around thirty federal, state, local, government and private foundation grants and contracts. The complexity of this funding structure requires that the Director brings extensive experience working at a senior level in multi-funded nonprofit organization(s) to support their work preparing, monitoring, and modifying STAND!’s annual budget; and preparing financial statements and other regular reports for funders, government entities, the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Committee, and Board of Directors. Five+ years' experience in a leadership position within a nonprofit organization is required for this role.
The Director of Finance manages a team of three accounting professionals.
Key areas of responsibility in this hands on role include:
- Provide oversight of day-to-day financial operations including general accounting, revenue and expenses, cash flow, accounts payable, payroll, grant budgets, grants billing and accounting, annual audits, and regulatory reporting.
- Develop, implement and maintain all accounting systems and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Initiate and coordinate agency’s annual budget development process with senior management team; ensure adherence to budget allocations and expenses.
- Prepare and analyze monthly accurate and timely financial and variance reports. Report on same to Chief Executive Officer and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Actively participate in Senior Management discussions and decisions regarding agency issues.
- Manage of accounting staff.
- Maintain banking, workers’ compensation, and liability insurance relationships.
STAND! For Families Free of Violence is a catalyst for breaking the multi-generational cycle of violence, promoting safe and strong relationships, and rebuilding lives. Read more about our mission-driven agency at http://www.standffov.org/
STAND! is an essential organization, and safety is one of our key values. We have developed a robust COVID-specific Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and adopted policies and practices that aim to reduce the risk of exposure to employees, volunteers, clients, and visitors. We are moving forward with recruitment to this vacancy during the current COVID-19 pandemic and anticipate onboarding the new Director of Finance with them spending 80-100% of their schedule onsite.
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial management at a senior level for a multi-stream, government-funded non-profit, that includes General Ledger management, managing and implementing accounting methodologies for the cost-allocation of multiple, complex government funds & grants; and technical knowledge of GAAP.
- Demonstrated proficiency with ABILA - MIP Financial software.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting and spreadsheet software (Excel).
- Experience with federal cost principles and OMB circulars.
- Well-organized, effective leader with excellent prioritizing and attention to detail skills.
- Experience motivating, developing, directing, managing, and valuing professional staff.
In addition, the successful candidate be a good listener, a strong strategist, and an effective communicator, with the ability to work well under pressure and adapt easily to frequently changing situations and priorities. They will also be a collaborative, emotionally mature, seasoned leader who delivers results.
Employment with STAND! is contingent upon clear fingerprint and criminal history record, successful completion of DOJ Form I-9, valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance and clean driving record. (MVRs are run prior to hire and periodically thereafter). Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of the agency's mission-related required training. MF/MPA/MBA is a preferred qualification for this role.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our community’s families
- Salary: $105,000 - $115,000 DOE/DOQ
- Generous benefits package: regular employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to participate in our benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, voluntary acupuncture and chiropractic insurance, insurance pre-tax premiums account, 403(b) plan (with limited employer match after one year’s service); and to earn vacation, sick leave and holiday pay.
Apply by emailing a cover letter, resume and the names of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter, please outline how you meet the qualifications described above.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to staff diversity, and welcome applications from qualified people of all backgrounds.