Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
JVS is seeking a Director of High School and Bridge Programs (HSB) who under the direction of the Chief Program Officer will be responsible for overall leadership, planning and management of JVS’ Youth serving programs including contract management, community and funding cultivation, staff supervision, program development and evaluation, reporting, and budgeting. The Director, HSB works in collaboration with other agency directors and managers to develop and implement appropriate youth programs and to outreach to and establish relationships with key partners and employers. A strategic thinker, the Director HSB looks thinks expansively about our youth serving work and identifies opportunities to make a greater impact in the Bay Area and beyond.
As a member of the JVS director’s team – the Director of HSB is a key organizational leader participating in strategic planning, developing organization-wide initiatives and supporting the HSB team to develop plans and strategy alignment with the mission and vision of JVS.
Program and Contract Management: Ensures program quality and excellent customer service to all constituents, including youth, parents/caregivers, San Francisco Unified School District, interested community members, funders, and sub-contractors. Ensures performance goals and compliance met on all Youth Department grants and contracts.
Community and Funder Cultivation: Establishes and cultivates positive relationships with government agencies, San Francisco Unified School District, employers, community-based organizations, councils, private foundations, public officials, individuals, and other stakeholders. Represents JVS in various youth service, advisory, and community groups, including Improving Transition Outcome Project and CBO-SFUSD Task Force.
Supervision: Directly supervises HSB leadership and other staff as assigned. Works to support HSB team satisfaction and connection across the agency.
Program Development: Plans, manages, and expands youth programs in alignment with JVS strategy. Provides leadership in program development process, including ongoing needs assessment, internal and external analysis, research and cultivation of potential funding sources and collaborative partners, and development of proposals.
Program Evaluation: Develops and implements quality assurance measures, including quantitative and qualitative feedback. Ensures ongoing performance improvement practices.
Reporting: Analyzes data, prepares internal reports, and ensures timely program reporting for all stakeholders and funding sources.
Budgeting: Develops and manages department and program budgets. Works closely with COO and Finance team. Implements effective staffing and monitors operational expenses.
Agency Management: Acts as an organizational leader. Provides leadership to agency planning and operational processes. Fosters interdepartmental collaboration. Participates director’s team. Contributes to the health and safety of the workplace.
Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum five years of experience with youth in education or employment, and minimum two years’ experience in program management including staff supervision, program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Master’s degree in relevant area preferred.
- Expertise in special education and/or working with people with disabilities.
- Demonstrated success in leading diverse teams and communities with a focus on Equity, Access and Inclusion.
- Excellent, dynamic leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire staff and facilitate collaborative relationships.
- Creativity and track record of success in team building.
- Knowledge and experience with managing and supporting staff working with challenging clients.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated outstanding professionalism and the ability to execute thoughtful judgment and decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience with public presentations and community outreach.
- Ability to work with high level of autonomy and manage many projects with attention to detail and quality follow-through; ability to balance operational details with conceptual planning.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
What We Offer:
- Salary starting at $100k
- Remote work during Shelter in Place
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- $250 workstation set-up budget
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.