Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency. With 40+ years of experience, JVS knows how to help people find good, living wage jobs. Our programs focus on industries that are hiring and can offer career path jobs, such as healthcare, technology, and utilities. We’ve developed Career Pathway programs in partnership with Bay Area employers to connect people to in-demand skills, paid work experience and robust job search skills. In addition to hard skills training, JVS prepares jobseekers to re-enter the workforce, and works with high school students to explore career options and succeed in the world of work. Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
Help JVS reach our mission and strategy by focusing on our greatest asset, our high-caliber talent. Utilize your exceptional skill, interest, and expertise in envisioning and leading the development of organization-wide human resource initiatives that inspire current and prospective staff, support their growth, and embody JVS’s core values to build a workplace rich in diverse talents and backgrounds. Build a culture of performance, diversity, and engagement by designing and executing strategies to attract, develop, and retain great staff. Oversee all aspects of human resources to promote a healthy and high-performing workplace in compliance with legal requirements and best practices. Because we understand the importance of human resources at JVS, the position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and is an important and valued member of the Executive Team.
THIS LEADERSHIP POSITION WILL:
- Develop and execute plans and strategies for professional development, management and supervisory expertise, organizational development, recruitment, succession planning, retention, and performance management.
- Actively participate as a member of the Executive and Leadership team, serve as a senior advisor and confidant, and effectively collaborate across the organization.
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives. Work with the Executive team to develop and co-lead cross-agency process to cultivate DEI culture by implementing strategic DEI initiatives and training programs.
- Cultivate a culture that emphasizes inclusion, high performance, commitment to clients, community needs, and transparent guidelines for promotion and compensation. Implement employee engagement strategy utilizing data from annual employee engagement survey, and benchmarking progress toward engagement goals.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local law, as well as CARF accreditation standards.
- Conduct competitive analyses on compensation and employee benefits and develop strategies and programs to build our talent brand.
- Consult with legal counsel and other external resources on workers’ compensation, termination and other risk management practices.
- Design and implement effective systems, processes, and tools for new staff recruitment, orientation, and training, as well as customer-friendly tools and systems for payroll, employee benefits, and workplace safety.
- Supervise HR staff and contractors.
- Drives Towards Outstanding Outcomes
- Thinks Critically & Strategically
- Collaborates and Cultivates Partnerships
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence
- Communicates Effectively & Respectfully
- Committed to Remaining Informed and Educated
- Navigates Change
- Provides Leadership
- Minimum 7 years Human Resources experience, with at least 2 at the Manager or Director level
- SPHR/PHR preferred
- Demonstrated supervisory and employee relations experience; successful experience in professional development, change management, and hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
- Experience with employee relations problem resolution and investigations
- Experience developing staff in a time of significant organizational change and/or growth
- Proficiency with HRIS management systems
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a Human Resources function in a non-profit or public service setting
HIghly competitive benefits package includes:
100% employee coverage for Medical and Dental plus Retirement plan, 4 weeks paid vacation, paid sick leave, vision plan, and generous paid holidays including all Jewish holidays.
At JVS we don’t just accept difference; we celebrate it. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran Friendly Employer. We value diversity of culture and thought. We seek talented, qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, conviction history, uniform service membership/veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical conditions, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression regardless of physical gender, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.