In close partnership with the JVS Board of Directors, the Executive Management Team is responsible for the successful achievement of the JVS mission, strategy and goals.
Summary of Position
The Executive Assistant plays a key role in supporting the Chief Executive Officer(CEO), the Chief Program Officer(CPO), Chief Financial Officer(CFO), and the Board of Directors.
- Reports to: CEO, CPO, CFO
- Collaborates with: JVS Staff, JVS Board of Directors
- Supervises: no direct reports
- Primary liaison and internal secretary with the JVS Board of Directors and its committees
- Acts as a resource for the Executive Management Team and the Board to ensure compliance
- Coordinates meeting planning and scheduling, preparation of materials, meeting summaries and follow-up
- Supports the CEO with aspects of board governance and board development
- Provides administrative and planning support to Executive Management Team
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
Drives to Outcomes using Resources & Data
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment; meets deadlines and/or clearly communicates obstacles.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (WORD, EXCEL, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to master new tasks quickly
Collaborates and Cultivates Partnerships
- Excellent customer service skills; approaches external contacts and internal clients with respect and a problem-solving approach
- Collaborates across departments as needed
Commits to Professional Growth
- Seeks help and asks questions when learning a new task
- Seeks out and is open to feedback
- Leverages supervision to provide feedback to supervisor
Thinks Critically & Strategically
- Self-starter with strong independent judgment, discretion and problem-solving abilities; ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, and to stay focused under pressure
- Identifies critical questions for discussion
- Takes ownership of the job
Communicates Effectively & Respectfully
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to write and edit communications for donors and volunteers using appropriate grammar and spelling
- Responds to messages in a timely manner
- Adjusts communication style to suit the audience
Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence and Relational Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility, discretion and tact.
- Model professional presentation/behavior, exercising discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with a diverse staff and clientele
- Demonstrates flexibility; can effectively shift directions due to changing priorities or processes
- Open to new ideas and differing perspectives
- Maintains positive outlook in the face of ambiguity or adversity
- Aptitude for relational databases
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as development or administrative assistant, preferably in a nonprofit or educational setting working with executive staff and board of directors.
- Experience using mail merge function in Word. Familiarity with sorting, formatting and producing reports in Excel.
- Experience with Google Drive or Microsoft OneNote
- Interest in nonprofit management, board governance and/or public policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supports the JVS Board of Directors and board committees, including the public policy committee, through meeting coordination and scheduling, agenda preparation, meeting summaries and producing letters of support on behalf of the agency.
- Primary liaison and internal secretary with the JVS Board of Directors and its committees including annual planning, board communication and recruitment.
- Serves as a resource for executive team in maintaining compliance with articles of incorporation, bylaws, and board policy manual.
- Provides scheduling, administrative and other support as needed to the Executive Team
- Assists with food and travel arrangements for executive team's offsite travel and their guests visiting JVS.
- Ensures compliance with the San Francisco Sunshine Ordinance and maintains the master calendar and board governance documents for accreditation and monitoring compliance.
- Maintains close communication with board and committee members to build engagement and connection.
- Supports the JVS CEO through scheduling, coordinating travel arrangements and responding to requests from public officials, community members, donors, press and JVS staff.
- Supports the Chief Program Officer and Chief Financial Officer with scheduling, meeting planning and preparation, and internal and external communication.
WANT TO APPLY? Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; Please put Executive Assistant on the subject line. Principles only no phone calls.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting
- Able to occasionally travel to offsite locations in the Bay Area
- Able to transport/carry presentation materials
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
Status and Position Information
Classifications: Full time, non-exempt
Date Written/Revised: 12/18
Salary Range: 50-60K DOE
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.