Summary – Members of Temple Sinai’s Custodial Services team are responsible facility set up/tear down and maintenance of the facility. We are seeking qualified candidates who are highly motivated, experienced and possess the skills to work on a custodial services team dedicated to maintaining a beautiful and safe facility. The successful candidate will be flexible with a work schedule and be willing to go the extra mile to learn and grow on the job. Hours of work may vary but are primarily in the afternoon/evening with some daytime (weekend) hours with rotating schedules, Saturdays or Sundays, and some holidays. This is a 36-40 hour per week position. Benefits include medical, paid holidays and vacation. Hourly rate is $20 – $28 per hour based on experience.
Overview - With nearly 1000 member families, Temple Sinai has a vibrant program of religious, spiritual, educational, social, social action and support activities. Temple Sinai is affiliated with the Union for Reform Judaism, which represents the liberal tradition of Judaism.
Our Vision is to create and sustain a vibrant, inclusive, and engaged community that welcomes and connects people from all walks of Reform Jewish life, and fulfills their spiritual, educational, ethical, social, and emotional needs and expectations.
- Custodial duties include sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, washing windows and walls, dusting, cleaning, and sanitizing restrooms, performing special projects and seasonal duties.
- Clean and reset building for events including vacuuming, restroom clean up and restock, kitchen, sanctuary, social hall as needed.
- Prepare the building on Saturdays/Sundays for programs and special events. and when religious school is in session.
- Maintain a consistent presence in the entryway of the facility during times when the building is occupied for religious services, programs, and school.
- Clean areas as assigned.
Preferred knowledge, skills and traits
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Communicate effectively
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be warm and welcoming toward attendees
- Reliability & flexibility
- AV competency helpful
Friday night and Saturday/Sunday daytime hours are required. Hours may vary based on scheduled events. There may be occasional opportunities for additional hours.
For consideration, send resume to:
Terrie Goren, Executive Director
No telephone calls, please.
Position will remain open until qualified candidate is identified