We’re looking for a Grant Writer!
What will you do? You will identify and secure grant funding through government and foundation sources to sustain and grow the JVS grants portfolio.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
- Excellent communication, written and verbal; strong presentation skills & persuasive writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, accuracy; meets deadlines & objectives
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work collaboratively as part of a team to move projects forward in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding online research, analytical skills
- Strong computer proficiency: MS Office Suite, Raisers’ Edge, Relational Databases, Internet
- Excellent customer service skills, able to interact professionally with a diverse population of stakeholders, colleagues and potential or current funders
- Skilled in managing internal and external relationships to support proposal development
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment
- Minimum three years’ experience writing public and private grant proposals, preferably in an employment, human services or educational setting
- Demonstrated experience developing a high volume of proposals in a fast-paced environment
It would also be great if you have:
- Experience developing public funding proposals; success securing foundation, state & federal grants
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Program and business development and grant proposal writing in an employment, human service or educational setting
Want to Apply? Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; Please use Grant Writer in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Culturally and racially diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if you need accommodations or aids for the interview process.
Are there benefits? Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, EAP, 403B, generous vacation & sick leave, and most Federal and Jewish holidays.
Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range: 70K to 85K DOE
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, nonprofit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at www.jvs.org