Summary of Position
Provide research, writing and database support to JVS’s Grants and Program Development Team.
- Reports to: Manager, Grants and Institutional Giving
- Collaborates with: JVS grants, development, program and finance staff
- Supervises: no direct reports
- Report and proposal writing and editing
- Research grant opportunities
- Database maintenance, reporting and quality assurance
- Support cross-departmental communication with the Grants and Program Development Team
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Drives to outcomes using resources and data: Craft successful grant reports and proposals using data, interviews, research and other resources; Work through conflicting priorities and competing deadlines; Effectively prioritize tasks, projects, and time.
- Collaborates and cultivates partnerships: Strong collaborative skills and ability to work across teams for a common purpose.
- Thinks critically and strategically: Summarize and analyze current and potential funders to tailor approaches to each funder; strategize around approaches with current and potential funders.
- Communicates effectively and respectively: Strong communication skills, especially written skills, excellent customer service skills; strong interpersonal skills including patience and flexibility; manages sensitive information with integrity and tact; maintains confidentiality.
- Commits to professional growth: Proactively identify areas to grow; finds areas for the team to streamline or improve work.
- Demonstrate Emotional Intelligence: Recognizes diverse perspectives and relationships in the workplace, and adapts communication style and approach accordingly
- Navigates Change: Flexible and adaptable; able to work in the midst of ambiguity
- Presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, relational databases, internet research)
- Experience with persuasive writing for diverse audiences
- Research experience
- Project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and/or equivalent work experience
- Interest in workforce development, and/or public policy
- Interest in non-profit fundraising work
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge or other CRM database
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Research funding prospects using online tools
- Fulfill research projects to support grant proposals and program development work, including identifying best practices, and analyzing local, regional and national workforce data
- Conduct stakeholder interviews
- Review and prepare grant reporting materials in collaboration with Grants Manager, Grants and Program Development team, program staff, and finance staff
- Draft renewal and new proposals, as well as letters of inquiry
- Draft and edit funding reports
- Generating impact statements, client stories, applications, letters of support, funder acknowledgment letters and other writing projects as needed
- Accurately add, update and remove funder information from the Raisers Edge database
- Generate reports on fundraising metrics in the Raisers Edge database
- Generate reports about client metrics from Salesforce Database
Support cross-departmental communication
- Participate in grants meetings with program leadership and program staff as needed
- Support Grants team in presentations in all-staff and department meetings as needed
WANT TO APPLY? Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com; Please use Grants Associate in the subject line. Principals only no phone calls.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting
- Able to transport/carry presentation materials
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
Status and Position Information
Supervisor/Reports to: Manager, Grants and Institutional Giving
Classifications: Full time, non-exempt (35 hour work week)
Date Written/Revised: 11/2018
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.