Job Search Accelerator (JSA) Manager
JVS has developed a customized program to provide individuals who are unemployed/underemployed with intensive training and support in job search skills necessary to obtain employment.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
This position will manage the Job Search Accelerator (JSA) team to achieve goals for enrollment and placement; use data to develop a sustainable job search program model for JVS; lead JSA’s program content in the classroom and work directly with clients to secure employment.
- Reports to: Assistant Director, Technology and JSA Training Programs
- Collaborates with: Employers, Tech/JSA team members, clients, and other JVS staff
- Supervises: JSA Program Assistant, Lead Instructor, and Career Advisors
- Program Evaluation; Drive to completion of OEWD TechSF Coordinator grant Direct Placement goals and other funding streams likely to be coming in as a response to the COVID-19 dislocation
- Strengthen engagement with employer partners with an eye towards greater job placement; Supervise Career Advisors, and Program Assistant for JSA
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
Drives to Outcomes using Resources & Data
- Demonstrated market research abilities; identifying a potential market opportunity, conduct research quickly, and rapidly develop a business case to pursue/not pursue
- Experience managing a team to achieve results
- Proficient in the use of Technology; Microsoft Office Suite (Relational Databases; Internet Use); Salesforce, Google Suite and Office 365 (SharePoint)-- able to learn new technology quickly and adapt to technology changes
- Highly organized; able to drive projects to completion
Collaborates and Cultivates Partnerships
- Able to build sense of shared purpose within JSA/Tech and across other programs
- Able to conduct outreach and engage with external stakeholders as needed to achieve team goals;
- Oversee management of Recruiter Advisory Group (meets quarterly) and integration of advice and feedback into programming
Commits to Professional Growth
- Willing to stretch and take on new responsibilities – even if outside of normal job scope
- Recognizes exemplary performance and provides positive reinforcement to staff
- Recognizes performance issues and addresses with employee in a timely and supportive manner
Thinks Critically and Strategically
- Suggests and implements appropriate solutions based on best practices, data and research
- Able to explain impact of program or department strategy on agency mission
- Weighs limitations with regard to resources and staff; factors into decision making
Communicates Effectively and Respectfully
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Demonstrates consistent and transparent communication methods; able to adapt based on the audience
Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence
- Has a positive influence on others; is diplomatic and uses persuasive communication skills and appropriate humor to cultivate positivity
- Willing to hear and integrate multiple perspectives
- Highly flexible and adaptable; able to pivot quickly to identify changing priorities
- Willing to be an agent for change within JSA
- Able to work with ambiguity and with ambiguous circumstances
- Understanding of the Bay Area employment landscape, especially the tech sector
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following applications: Google Drive, Office 365/SharePoint and Salesforce
- Three to five years’ experience as a manager in a nonprofit job training program or in a recruiting HR staffing role
- Experience in a customer-facing role; could be in sales, business development, and/or staffing/recruiting
- Experience presenting to a diverse group of constituents
- Experience with project coordination
- B.A. /B.S. or M.A. /M.S. in a related field
- Experience working within a recruiting, staffing, or HR organization
- Experience within a workforce development organization in a job development/employer engagement role
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Work collaboratively with Director of Technology/JSA Training and Director of Client Services to Identify areas of strength and weakness in current JSA program execution and delivery of services (including case management).
- Guide team to improve program in order to increase number of clients placed in employment and to meet OEWD TechSF Direct Placement goals as well as targets for incoming funding requirements
- Make use of program evaluation tools (Salesforce reports, Logic Models, Power BI)
- Work with Director of Technology/JSA Training as well as other members of JVS management to develop more sustainable program models for JSA beyond OEWD funding
- Allocate staff time efficiently to work directly with clients to increase number of placements.
- Work with JVS Strategic Corporate Partnerships Coordinator to develop effective ways to engage employers that will result in more JSA clients securing employment and growing their professional networks
Job Skills Training
- Lead content generation and modification for the JSA program in the classroom
- Initiate continuous improvement based on client feedback
- Integrate industry feedback into content, prioritizing the Recruiting Advisory Group
- Provide guidance and continuous feedback to direct reports; address issues in a timely, constructive way
- Develop professional development plans, complete evaluations and provide weekly supervision
- Review and approve timesheets in payroll system
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting.
- Able to travel and present at offsite locations in the Bay Area
- Able to transport/carry presentation materials
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
STATUS AND POSITION INFORMATION
Department/program: Technology/Job Search Accelerator
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Benefits: Eligible for all benefits offered to regular employees
Date written/revised: April 2020
Salary range: $78,000 – 83,000
Want to Apply? Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please refer to JSA Manager in the subject line.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.