We are looking for: Job Search Skills & Career Development Instructor/Trainer (part-time, hourly)
This is an ideal position for a motivated individual with experience in coaching, training and development who prefers a flexible schedule.
What will you do? JVS’s Technology Training program is seeking a smart, passionate, kind and skillful job search skills instructor/trainer who is able to provide quality training in a variety of contexts and for a variety of purposes. The ideal instructor will have the ability to adjust training styles to different topics, at times teaching and conveying information, and other times facilitating groups to share and foster their own knowledge. The ability to create and adapt a curriculum is a plus. The position is based on program scheduling and hours range from 20-40 hours a month. Hours may increase according to funding and program scheduling. Next program session begins January 6.
The instructor will be expected to regularly dialogue with employers to keep up to date on current trends in hiring so that JVS clients are learning job search techniques that are relevant in today’s Bay Area job market. These areas of continuous learning include teaching clients how online application systems use algorithms to screen candidates; how to work with recruiters; and current best practices for interviewing, cover letters, resumes, and social media.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
- Excellent training/delivery skills including the ability to adjust training styles to different settings; at teaching and conveying information, or facilitating groups to share and foster their own knowledge; ability to actively engage participants using a variety of interactive teaching modalities and techniques
- Strong computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Google Drive,)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural/generational environment with economically, culturally, and linguistically diverse staff and clientele; excellent cross-cultural communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, resilience, patience, diplomacy, and tact; customer service oriented
- A minimum of two years’ experience teaching or training adult learners in multicultural contexts
- Demonstrated experience in job search and/or career development focused on developing basic job search skills, professional workplace skills, and/or professional development.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
It would also be great if you have:
- Knowledge and experience with helping job seekers in the technology sector in the Bay Area
- Knowledge of standardized assessments, performance-based measurements, other qualitative and quantitative assessment tools
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and practice
- Knowledge of common business practices regarding hiring, human relations, and related areas
- Experience in curriculum design and development for adult learners
- A degree in Education, Adult Ed, or other related field
- Experience teaching and/or curriculum development in: Job Search Strategies; Customer Service; Workplace Communication, Conflict Resolution, Problem Solving, Diversity and/or Culturally Competent Communication Supervision and/or Leadership Development; Career Development, Change Management; Growth Mindset.
Want to Apply? This is part-time, hourly position that is contingent upon program scheduling. The hourly salary range is $42-$45 for instruction and $23-$26 for organization and prep. When program is in session, the hours range from 20-40 hours a month, with additional hours possible based on funding and program scheduling. To apply, please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use Instructor in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please. If selected to interview, a teaching demonstration will be part of that process. JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.
Are there benefits? The only benefits offered are those required by law, and include sick leave, commuter plan eligibility, contributions to a health flex account, workers’ comp coverage.
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at www.jvs.org.