Junior Engineer (Civil)
Salary Info: $95,148 - $115,644 Annually, Plus Excellent Benefits + Retirement
Opens online at www.ebmud.com/jobs on Monday, February 10
Online applications must be received by 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 28, 2020
Internal Reference # 20-022
Start your career as a Junior Engineer (Civil) with an industry-leading water and wastewater utility. East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) offers state-of-the-art engineering and challenging assignments in a wide range of engineering specialties.
EBMUD also offers excellent preparation for professional registration and stable career opportunities. A Junior Engineer (Civil) is the entry level on the EBMUD professional civil engineering career ladder. All assignments are under the direct supervision of registered engineers and provide qualifying experience for professional registration. Junior Engineers in most departments will participate in a cross-training rotational program to broaden their skills and knowledge of EBMUD’s engineering functions and operational needs outside of their regularly assigned work unit.
The ideal candidate will be prepared to:
- Apply engineering knowledge to develop, calculate and test mathematical models for civil engineering applications, including hydraulic analysis, water distribution network analysis, groundwater modeling and analysis, forecasting water supply, scheduling reservoir operations, water quality analysis, water and wastewater process treatment, construction, structural, geotechnical/site grading, and other applications.
- Plan and manage assignments: identify objectives, scope, feasibility, milestones and completion schedules; prepare supporting documentation; and monitor and coordinate project activities to meet time and cost parameters.
- Use computer software tools to model engineering problems, to prepare spreadsheet based economic analyses, and for a variety of other engineering and office applications.
- Integrate, summarize and synthesize data from a variety of sources (e.g. maps, calculations, environmental reports, feasibility studies) to research, analyze and formulate technical, project planning, and operational recommendations.
- Apply technical and interpersonal skills to achieve workable solutions to civil engineering, economic, and people related problems.
- Work cooperatively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team to meet project goals and timelines.
- Demonstrate excellent people skills in meetings and in making technical presentations to groups and individuals including EBMUD staff, customers, contractors, and the public.
- Communicate effectively in writing, preparing concise and accurate engineering reports, correspondence and memos for a variety of audiences including staff, government and regulatory agencies, contractors, and the public.
The salary range is $7,929 per month increasing to $8,325, $8,741, $9,178 and $9,637 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in an Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited Civil Engineering, or Environmental Engineering curriculum, OR a California Engineer in Training (EIT) Certificate. (Expected graduation must be prior to June 30, 2020. Degrees may be verified at a later step in the process.)
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- No experience is required.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, February 28, 2020. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability
Job Hotline: (510) 287-0742