Classification: Full-Time (40 hours/week), Exempt
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Clinical Director
Oakes Children’s Center is a community-based mental health agency dedicated to providing mental health services to youth with emotional and/or developmental challenges and to their families, particularly in underserved communities. Our goal is to foster the social, emotional, and educational growth necessary for children to fully realize their potential. We fulfill our mission by providing individualized education, innovative and culturally-responsive therapeutic services, comprehensive assessment, and clinical training.
The Mental Health Clinician / Quality Assurance Coordinator will work collaboratively with other members of the Clinical and Management Teams to maintain a system of robust, data-driven, continuous quality improvement that informs and connects practice, training and outcomes in support of agency strategic goals.
- Licensure as mental health professional – Ph.D. Psy.D., LCSW, LMFT
- Minimum of one year of experience with PURQC auditing processes
- Minimum two years’ experience with Medi-Cal documentation
- Language skills that include the ability to read, analyze, interpret and apply complex compliance and regulation guidelines
- Ability to present sophisticated technical data into accessible, actionable, and meaningful information for decision-making and program improvement
- Experience with electronic health records/database, including county/state systems
- Ability to create and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, manage multiple projects simultaneously, track details and big picture
- Experience working with children in a psychotherapeutic setting
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of individual and family therapy and case management
- Knowledge of DSM V required
Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI):
- Oversee agency-wide strategy for service documentation in all areas with a focus on MediCal/EPSDT, compliance, and client's rights
- Plan and lead system of audits and utilization review
- Work as part of the overall team with Clinical and Administrative Staff
- Review billing notes and provide feedback to all billing staff on a regular basis
- Co-sign and provide feedback for billing notes for unlicensed staff as required
- Work collaboratively with Clinical and Management teams to create and lead staff training that supports agency treatment philosophy, evidence-informed interventions and accredited/certified standards
- Assess training gaps; identify, vet training, and create training curriculums as needed to assess compliant documentation training and oversight
Oversee in-house billing certification system:
- Work with Management Team and program managers to develop strategic and operational metrics for the programs as a basis for productivity, performance, results, and accountability
- In coordination with programs, create key metrics reports to keep direct care staff, management, and Board informed of performance
- Lead implementation and monitoring efforts as a result of utilization reviews and utilization management findings
- Use data gleaned from outcomes to inform training needs
- Manage Quality of Care incident reports
- Provide mental health services to clients at schools in the San Francisco Unified School District, which can include individual therapy, group therapy
- Attend client IEP meetings, family therapy parent collateral, and clinical consultation with school district personnel.
- Spend one day per week at Oakes for clinical discussion/supervision, collaboration with other Oakes’ School Based Mental Health Clinicians, and documentation time.
Licensure as LCSW, LMFT, PsyD, or PhD required.
Commensurate with experience. Total rewards include:
- Generous paid vacation and personal time off
- 12 paid office holidays.
- Full medical and dental insurance, with Oakes paying 100% of the premium.
- Pre-tax transit benefits and health flex spending (FSA)
APPLY AND JOIN US TODAY!
Please go to https://easyapply.co/a/62b6e7e5-9b67-4c3c-8208-220cacddddef and upload your resume and cover letter.
RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR REVIEW.
Oakes is committed to the philosophy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran status, weight, height, AIDS/HIV status or other non-job-related criteria.
Applicants are encouraged to find out more about Oakes’ programs by visiting the website at www.oakeschildrenscenter.org