Classification: F/T (40 hours/week), Exempt
Location: San Francisco, CA
Reports to: Executive Director
Oakes Children’s Center is a school-based mental health agency dedicated to providing education and mental health services to youth with emotional and/or developmental challenges and to their families, particularly in underserved communities.
The Office Manager is a critical member of a small administrative team, overseeing the general administrative function and activities of the office to ensure organizational effectiveness. The Office Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and also works closely with the Finance Consultant and Clinical Director.
- Manage the full employment life cycle, including new hires, salary and employment changes, and terminations.
- Provide employees orientation and training and onboarding
- Manage employee benefit packages
- Manage the 403B retirement plan
- Create and maintain personnel files
- Manage leave administration and reporting for CFRA, PFL, NPLA, Workers’ Compensation, disability, and personal leaves.
- Maintain and manage HRIS (Payentry)
- Monitor staff attendance, vacation and sick days
- Manage employee termination process
- Review annually and update the agency’s Policies and Procedures manual
- Manage worker’s compensation claims (investigate, file, and report claims)
- Plan the annual open enrollment for health benefits with our brokers and our staff
- Manage renewals of General Liability, Worker’s Compensation insurance
- Liaise with Executive Director on personnel matters and legal issues
- Receive, sort, and distribute incoming mail and deliveries. Drop off outgoing mail
- Answer main phone and monitor messages on general voicemail
- Run errands (purchasing snacks for meetings, post office, etc.)
- Assist with planning and execution of meetings and special events
- Provide additional administrative support as needed
- Minimum of three years of administrative experience
- Familiarity with human resources processes and best practices
- Knowledge of computer applications (MS Office, Google Suite, HRIS)
- Experience in nonprofit preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to handle confidential employee information with discretion and good judgement
- Approachability and ability to respond in supportive and neutral manner
- Ability to multi-task.
B.A./B.S. or equivalent work experience
Total rewards include:
- Generous paid vacation and personal time off
- 12 paid office holidays.
- Full medical and dental insurance, with Oakes paying 100% of the premium.
- Pre-tax transit benefits and health flex spending (FSA)
APPLY AND JOIN US TODAY
Please go to https://easyapply.co/a/474ebcc3-3892-4af2-a0b4-d82101c47927 to upload your resume and apply.
RESUMES SUBMITTED WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR REVIEW.
Oakes is committed to the philosophy of equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, medical condition, marital status, domestic partner status, veteran status, weight, height, AIDS/HIV status or other non-job-related criteria.
Applicants are encouraged to find out more about Oakes’ programs by visiting the website at www.oakeschildrenscenter.org