About Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley (JFS SV)
Our Mission and Our Values
Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley (JFS SV) empowers individuals and families facing life’s challenges by providing quality human services inspired by Jewish values. Since our inception in 1977, we have remained committed to our vision that children, adults, and families in our community have access to affordable and meaningful professional services that help give them a better life. The agency’s programs are available without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or ability to pay.
JFS SV is committed to the core values of:
Jewish traditions of social responsibility, compassion, and respect for all members of the community.
Social work ethics of responsive, caring, and skilled professional service; and responsiveness to the changing needs of the people we serve.
We are seeking an experienced social worker who will provide care management services to support the dignity, wellness, and health of a diverse population of older adults and their caregivers. The Older Adult Care Manager will assess the physical, psychological, and social needs of older adult clients, while coordinating services to ensure the clients’ well-being in the community.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Conduct comprehensive biopsychosocial and functional client assessments and reassessments to create person centered care plans with clients
- Maintain client documentation and perform services in parallel with HIPAA regulations and professionally recognized social work practice standards.
- In partnership with the JFS SV Community Manager of Volunteer Services, coordinate volunteer support for clients, as needed
- Staff liaison to JFS SV Home Care Services
- Work collaboratively with all JFS SV departments and staff and attend agency-wide functions and meetings
- Represent Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley at community-wide meetings and with community stakeholders
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full time, 37.5 hours/week. JFS SV provides a highly competitive salary and benefits program. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. Benefits package includes medical, dental and vision care; company contributions to 403B retirement plan; generous paid time off (incl. secular as well as Jewish holidays and vacation); 100% paid membership to onsite fitness center; supportive colleagues; and a positive work environment on a beautiful campus.
Note: this position can be conducted remotely during the shelter in place.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Driver’s license and vehicle to conduct home visits and attend meetings
- At least 2+ years working with older adults in a community setting
- Knowledge of the unique challenges facing older adults and their caregivers, and resources to support those needs
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong organization and decision-making skills
- Ability to provide trauma-informed support to survivors of trauma
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
Bilingual Russian/English speaking preferred, but not required
Résumés to: email@example.com
Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road, Suite 202
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees
and to providing employees with a work environment
free of discrimination and harassment.