About Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley (JFS SV)
Our Mission and Our Values: Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley (JFS SV) empowers individuals and families facing life’s challenges by providing quality human services inspired by Jewish values. Since our inception in 1977, we have remained committed to our vision that children, adults, and families in our community have access to affordable and meaningful professional services that help give them a better life. The agency’s programs are available without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or ability to pay.
JFS SV is committed to the core values of:
Jewish traditions of social responsibility, compassion, and respect for all members of the community;
Social work ethics of responsive, caring, and skilled professional service; and responsiveness to the changing needs of the people we serve.
We are seeking an experienced, caring social worker who will provide services to support the dignity, wellness, and health of a diverse population of older adults and their caregivers. The Older Adult Social Worker will assess the physical, mental health and social needs of older adult clients, while coordinating services to ensure the clients’ well-being in the community. In addition, the Older Adult Social Worker will have the opportunity to engage in and create programmatic growth that will enhance quality of life for JFS SV older adult clients and their caregivers.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Provide remote and in person services to clients and caregivers
- Conduct in-home and tele-health psychosocial assessments and client meetings
- Develop individualized person-centered care plans with clients
- Assist clients and caregivers in accessing community resources by providing advocacy, information and assistance and coordination of services with other community-based organizations
- Provide person centered/trauma informed support (individual and group) as needed to holocaust survivors, as well as to their adult children and spouses
- Staff liaison to JFS SV home care services
Compensation and Benefits
This position is full time, 37.5 hours/week. JFS SV provides a highly competitive salary and benefits program. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. Benefits package includes medical, dental and vision care; company contributions to 403B retirement plan; generous paid time off (incl. secular as well as Jewish holidays and vacation); 50% discount to onsite fitness center; supportive colleagues; and a positive work environment on a beautiful campus.
Note: this position can be conducted remotely during the shelter in place.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- Driver’s license and vehicle required to conduct home visits and meet attendance
- At least 2+ years working with older adults in community setting
- Knowledge of the unique challenges facing older adults and their caregivers and resources to support those needs
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong organization and decision-making skills
- Ability to provide trauma-informed support to survivors of trauma
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
Bilingual Russian/English speaking preferred, but not required
Résumés to: email@example.com
Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road, Suite 202
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Jewish Family Services of Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.