Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transform lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
JVS helps individuals build skills to enable our clients to find work in the Bay Area in Technology, Utilities, Healthcare and other fields. JVS also serves as the Sector Coordinator to two sector-based workforce initiatives at the Mayor of San Francisco’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development: Healthcare (“Healthcare Academy [HCA]”) and Technology (“TechSF”), respectively. This position will be key in helping JVS reach outreach goals for the initiatives, as well as planning and coordinating events and marketing campaigns to promote the initiatives to the broader Bay Area community. This is an amazing opportunity to play a role in helping cultivate more learning and development opportunities that lead to good jobs and build bridges between CBO workforce and social service providers.
- Promote JVS and TechSF/HCA programs and services to diverse communities and audiences, using online and in-person outreach and recruitment strategies; lead and coordinate all in-person and online outreach activities.
- Cultivate new and maintain existing relationships with TechSF/HCA Providers and other relevant partner organizations that serve as referral partners for JVS and TechSF/HCA programs.
- Analyze results of past program outreach and recruitment strategies to determine most effective tactics.
- Assist in Partner-, Client- and Employer-targeted events including activities related to promotion, production and planning strategy.
- Participate in marketing outreach strategy brainstorms and support project management efforts for marketing campaign launches.
- Collaborate with JVS program coordinators to foster warm-handoffs to open and available program information sessions.
- Provide program information, answer questions, present alternative program opportunities to applicants as appropriate via direct email responses, online orientations and one-on-one phone/video conferences to best support training referrals and decisions
- Manage clear and timely communications with program applicants, including feedback on their application which may include referrals to outside services or other JVS programs.
- Contribute to applicant assessment and screening on an as-needed basis; answering adhoc inquiries.
- Participate and represent JVS in agency, department, programmatic and community meetings.
- Collaborate with Program staff to review and update the program applications, as needed.
- Serve as the agency point person for the City of San Francisco’s talent portal system, WorkforceLink.
- Two (2) years of experience in a community outreach, recruitment or coordination role
- Ability to connect with others and forge strong partnerships internally and externally
- Familiarity with posting on social media to promote brand awareness via testimonials, promote events and programs; including ability to write engaging and timely social media posts for such channels as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to manage priorities, meet deliverables and deadlines
- Strong presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills; able to work in a multicultural environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Proven efficacy in stakeholder management; working with different stakeholders and departments on a shared goal
- Able to take initiative on projects; and both work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidential information and detailed records; complete necessary paperwork and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills
- Experienced leading and facilitating meetings and workshops in Zoom or equivalent virtual meeting platforms
- Comfort with one-on-one meetings with people who have barriers to employment
- Familiarity with Bay Area non-profit organizations
- Familiarity with and ties to Bay Area technology and healthcare industry
- Experience collaborating with other training providers and community partners
- Sourcing/recruitment for program participants
- Familiarity with outreach and navigation services in a social service environment
- Familiarity with Salesforce and FormAssembly (or similar form-building tool), Acuity (or similar scheduling tool)
- Background in a customer service role
- Career coaching and career navigation experience
- Familiarity with the following software applications: Microsoft Sharepoint, Google Suite, Slack, LinkedIn and Microsoft Office applications
To apply for the Outreach Coordinator position, click HERE.
What We Offer
- Salary starting at $65,000
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical and dental plans for the employee
- Twenty (20) days of PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- Medical Care and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities and $250 Work-From-Home stipend
- This position is remote until further notice with the expectation of returning to work in our San Francisco office; JVS does not provide relocation packages
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
JVS values intersectional racial equity and strives to center people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other communities that experience marginalization.