SUMMARY OF POSITION
Program: Quality Assurance/Compliance
JVS transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. Program Assistants provide crucial support by ensuring the integrity of our data and providing quality client service. Program Assistants do provide some direct service support to our clients on occasion.
- Reports to: Senior Coordinator, Quality Assurance
- Collaborates with: Other Program Assistants, Client Service Staff, Program Staff
- Supervises: Not Applicable
- Complex data management and data entry into multiple databases
- Scheduling and client assistance
- Support and back up to Client Navigator/Front Desk
- Administrative support for programs
- Administrative support for non-program staff as needed
- Assisting with program events
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Communicates Effectively: Strong verbal communication skills; clear writing skills
- Demonstrates Flexibility: Able to support a variety of programs and pivot as needed to meet overall agency needs
- Drives to Outcomes: Strong organizational skills; exceptional attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and objectives; effective use of available resources, including technology (Microsoft Suite, Relational Databases, Google Suite)
- Practices Inclusion: Works comfortably in a multi-cultural environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Cultivates Relationships: Works cooperatively with colleagues and clients; reaches out in or across teams to identify helpful resources
- Provides Quality Customer Service: Becomes well-versed in JVS services and processes and communicates clearly to clients; resolves client issues calmly and respectfully
- Thinks Critically: Demonstrates creative problem solving skills; knows when to seek help
- Commits to Professional Growth: Willing to continuously stretch to learn new skills and learns about new JVS programs and processes
- Systems thinker; ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Prior experience in, or interest in, program evaluation and performance monitoring
- Ability to capture, retrieve and analyze data to meet reporting needs
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Microsoft Office 365
- Demonstrated experience providing high volume administrative support in a dynamic setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to travel to various Bay Area locations as needed
- Experience in direct service or client support roles.
- Experience coordinating space and scheduling needs on a large scale, while reconciling competing space/time needs
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce, Access and Google products preferred
- Understanding of workforce development work
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- B.A./B.S. degree, or equivalent experience
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide data entry support to program staff; gather, organize and enter data into JVS’s database of record, Salesforce; enter intakes, enrollments, closures, training completion information, education attainment, client follow ups, and other data as needed.
- Provide Quality Assurance (QA) for data
- Schedule classroom and rotating meeting room spaces for program staff and clients as requested
- Collect confidential information from clients regarding eligibility; support assessment process
- Enter data into external funder databases as needed
- Prepare and maintain client files for program monitoring and fiscal audits and ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Support JVS programs in all aspects of contract management including compliance, file management and data tracking
- Prepare and maintain workshop materials for all of JVS’s public job search skills workshops. Maintain workshop materials
- Compile and summarize client feedback and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Collect and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual data for program reports.
- Create and update forms and documents; compile and summarize program information.
- Provide staff support for in-house and community events, such as employer engagement events
- Provide regular and back-up front desk/reception coverage
- Develop and maintain relationships with administrative staff from collaborating partners
- May be required to travel to offsite locations (East Bay, South Bay) to support program recruitment, onboarding and events
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
- This position will be working in a typical office setting, with no extremes in temperature or lighting.
- Applicants should be able to work with equipment typically found in an office and should be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation. Possible accommodations needed should be discussed prior to the onset of employment and/or the interview process.
- Able to travel via car or public transportation to various sites in the Bay Area
- Able to transport presentation materials as needed
Want to Apply? Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com; Please use Program Assistant in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
STATUS AND POSITION INFORMATION:
Classification: Full-time, non-exempt
Benefits: Eligible for all benefits offered to regular employees
Date written/revised: May 2020
Salary Range: 47-54.5K
This position is contingent on funding and will be evaluated annually.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to this job.
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.