Why Join JVS?
Do work that matters, supporting the mission of JVS (Jewish Vocational Service) which helps people find good, living wage jobs. Our mission is to transforms lives by helping people build skills and find work to achieve self-sufficiency.
Since 1973, JVS has helped more than 85,000 people in the Bay Area to build skills, find jobs and transform their lives.
JVS is seeking a full-time Program Assistant in its Quality Assurance/Compliance department to provide crucial support by ensuring the integrity of our data and providing quality client service. Under the direction of the Contract Compliance Manager, the Program Assistants will provide some direct service support to our clients on occasion.
* Position is temporarily remote with expectations to return to San Francisco based in-person work in 2021
- Provide data entry support to program staff; gather, organize and enter data into JVS’s database of record, Salesforce; enter intakes, enrollments, closures, training completion information, education attainment, client follow-ups, and other data as needed.
- Provide Quality Assurance (QA) for data
- Collect confidential information from clients regarding eligibility; support the assessment process
- Enter data into external funder databases as needed
- Prepare and maintain client files for program monitoring and fiscal audits and ensure compliance with contract requirements
- Support JVS programs in all aspects of contract management including compliance, file management, and data tracking
- Prepare and maintain workshop materials for all of JVS’s public job search skills workshops. Maintain workshop materials
- Compile and summarize client feedback and customer satisfaction surveys.
- Collect and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual data for program reports.
- Create and update forms and documents; compile and summarize program information.
- Provide staff support for in-house and community events, such as employer engagement events
- Provide regular and backup front desk/reception coverage
- Schedule classroom and rotating meeting room spaces for program staff and clients as requested
- Develop and maintain relationships with administrative staff from collaborating partners
- May be required to travel to offsite locations (East Bay, South Bay) to support program recruitment, onboarding, and events
Qualifications and Competencies
- Communicates Effectively: Strong verbal communication skills; clear writing skills
- Demonstrates Flexibility: Able to support a variety of programs and pivot as needed to meet overall agency needs
- Drives to Outcomes: Strong organizational skills; exceptional attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines and objectives; effective use of available resources, including technology (Microsoft Suite, Relational Databases, Google Suite)
- Practices Inclusion: Works comfortably in a multi-cultural environment with diverse staff and clientele
- Cultivates Relationships: Works cooperatively with colleagues and clients; reaches out in or across teams to identify helpful resources
- Provides Quality Customer Service: Becomes well-versed in JVS services and processes and communicates clearly to clients; resolves client issues calmly and respectfully
- Thinks Critically: Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills; knows when to seek help
- Commits to Professional Growth: Willing to continuously stretch to learn new skills and learns about new JVS programs and processes
- Systems thinker; ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Prior experience in, or interest in, program evaluation and performance monitoring
- Ability to capture, retrieve and analyze data to meet reporting needs
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Microsoft Office 365
- Demonstrated experience providing high volume administrative support in a dynamic setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to travel to various Bay Area locations as needed
- Experience in direct service or client support roles
- Experience coordinating space and scheduling needs on a large scale, while reconciling competing space/time needs
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce, Access, and Google products preferred
- Understanding of workforce development work
- Familiarity with Salesforce
To apply for the Program Assistant role, click HERE
What We Offer
- Salary starting at $51K
- Remote work during Shelter-In-Place
- Equitable pay
- 100% covered medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee
- Flexible PTO + Paid Sick Leave
- Paid federal and Jewish holidays
- 403(b) retirement contribution match
- Parental leave policy for new parents
- Employer HSA contribution
- FSA and Dependent Care FSA
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities
JVS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, perception of national origin or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process.
JVS values intersectional racial equity and strives to center people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women and LGBTQ+ people. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other communities that experience marginalization.